[dehai-news] (MO) Aweys holds press conference in Mogadishu

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 13:19:23 EDT

Somalia:Sheik Aweys says I have not been injured

Mogadishu(Mareeg)-Somalia's opposition leader Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys
said on Monday that he was not injured in fighting between Islamist
rivals in central

Somalia and he added that he was not attended in that fighting.

"I think this is propaganda released by defeated factions in the
fighting that took place in Wabho village in central Somalia," said
Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys.

  This comes as there have been rumors in the country that Sheik Aweys
was badly injured or dead in central Somalia.

Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys, the leader of Hizbul Islam insurgent group
held a press conference in his house in the Somali capital Mogadishu.

He vowed that his group will continue the fighting against the Somali,
fragile government until the African Union troops leave the country.

He said the fighting that is continuing in Mogadishu is planned in New
York referring to the United Nations.

By Ahmednor Mohamed Farah
      gentlemannor@gmail.com

http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=12449