[dehai-news] (Observer, Uganda) Eritrean diplomat, Tesfalem Gerahtu, emerges as a top-scorer in a Ugandian Bowling tournament

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 12:50:16 EDT

"The touenament also saw Tesfalem Gerahtu, the Eritrean consul to Uganda
emerge top-scorer. 12 corporate teams took part in the tournament"

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3648:bowlers-set-for-league&catid=44:sports&Itemid=80
Bowlers set for league
Sports
Written by Nasser Ssemuwemba
Wednesday, 03 June 2009 16:01
After the successful conclusion of the uganda telecom bowling tournament,
plans are underway to develop the sport up to the national level. Top on the
agenda is the start of the first ever national corporate bowling league that
is scheduled to start in July.

utl’s Moses Mwangi says that the aim is grooming a bowling team that would
represent the country at international competitions. As such, the company
plans to sponsor the league.
“We are ready to rollout our sponsorship for the next tournament, but we are
awaiting final plans from the event organizer, Alleygators Ten pin bowling
before confirming,” says utl’s Moses Mwangi.

The four month long tournament was aimed at raising local interest in the
game and also to uplift the standard of the game in the country to
international standard.

“The game does not currently have a registered association, but we believe
that if we grow interest in the game, we shall also be encouraging the
bowlers to form an association. This will make it much easier to put money
into the game and even drive the game to greater levels. It will be easier
to deal with an association and not the outlet,” Mwangi adds.

In the just ended tournament, the Madiabas staved off strong competition
from the Topedos to emerge as the leading team. The touenament also saw