[dehai-news] Simon finished 2nd with a time of 27:50 in a 10k race at Stanford University

From: kbkiflu@yahoo.com
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 13:40:06 EDT

Simon finished 2nd with a time of 27:50 in a 10k race at Stanford

2009 Payton Jordan Cardinal Invite - Stanford University

At his first attempt to qualify for the World Championships in Athletics Simon ended up finishing second in a time of 27:50.

We congratulate Simon for his second place win and his great time.

The more strict canadian automatic standard is 27:47 but the there is a chance that Simon might go for the World Championship in Athletics.

Simon will be doing some high altitude training to keep his time down. We wish the best to Simon.

Here is a link to the race:

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234940/175759

Bereket Kiflu,
Public Relations, Eritrean American Athletics Association