Youtube.com: ዕላል ምስ ኣደይ ኣብርሀት መደብ "ታሪክናን ክብርታትናን እቶም ዝዓበዩ ሃብትታትና እዩም"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam59_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:44:33 +0200

ዕላል ምስ ኣደይ ኣብርሀት መደብ "ታሪክናን ክብርታትናን እቶም ዝዓበዩ ሃብትታትና እዩም" Abrhet Tsegay

17.10.2016

As a part of ongoing program on Eritrean history and values, we present Adey Abrhet Tsegay. Adey Abrhet was born in Asmera 1935; when Eritrea was under the colony of Italy.

Adey Abrhet has been at the fore front of the struggle since its early inception. As a member of ELF, she took part in many clandestine military operations and also recruiting and fundraising. She also assisted the EPLF in clandestine military operations and distributing magazines.

Adey Abrhet has been at the fore front of national struggle from early inception until this day and remains passionate, energetic and strong at old age.

This short interview addresses our history and values through the Experience of Adey Abrhet and also issues of culture and identity within context of Eritrean living abroad. Adey Abrhet gives assessment on passing on cultural values to the next generation in particular our languages.

History is not just a description of events and naming dates, but it also has significant role in shaping the present and future. This is why our history and values have been a subject of intensive attack from enemies.

In times of hardship and turbulence in particular those that were a matter of life and death, the real character and capacity of humans are revealed. Our history is a history of heroism, dedication, bravery, creativity, courage and resilience. Of course very few also displayed treachery, betrayal, deception and other ugly acts.

Eritrean women have also been a subject of a very ugly abuse as the enemies well know that they are one of the pillars our country is standing on. In this interview Adey Abrhet recalls an incident at a festival when a misguided and uncultured individuals called her names and how she dealt with it.

The values Adey Abrhet displayed- bravery and creativity when faced with matters of life and death, courage and principle when given ultimatum to choose between deportation from Saudi Arabia or continue with organization that she believed its future was behind it, reacted with forgiveness and dignity when insulted, and provided her views when corrections are needed.

Adey Abrhet has also expressed her strong feelings about culture and identity in particular issues of languages and naming of the newly born.

Please share this interview with family and friends. More interviews and other forms of programs will follow.

Serawr Research and Information Centre