Toronto Waterfront Marathon: (Sun Oct 16, 2016)

From: Temesgen Tirfe <temesgentirfe_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 17:50:38 +0000 (UTC)

:

 As we prepare to cheer for our Eritrean Athlete, ABRAHAM HABTE, participating in the highly anticipated Toronto Waterfront Marathon, here are some tips.
Since there will be many road closures in the downtown core, it is best advised to travel using Public Transportation.
A $11.00 TTC day pass is available and can be used by 2 adults and up to 4 underage children contemporarily.
Best viewing options for spectators as well as maximum cheering effect for our athlete:
-Starting point University Ave (North of Queen);
-Union Station (20k point);
-Accessible seating platform available for finish line viewing (City Hall);
**Community members (spectators) are advised to meet at the starting point (University/Queen) at around 8 am.
After the marathon has started (8:45 am), we will take the subway to Union Station (20k point). Once Abraham has reached that point we can all take the subway to (Queen Station) and wait at finish line hoping for the best!!!
****Make sure to wear your colors!!!
flags, clothing items and accessories reflecting our National colors are a MUST!***See you all tomorrow

Eritrean Media Toronto