Vita.it: Flashback-Migration Compact. Mario Giro: "EU and Africa share responsibility for Migration"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:02:07 +0200
Migration Compact. Mario Giro: "EU and Africa share responsibility for Migration"

    Joshua Massarenti

April 22, 2016
Note: stupid! All these blab blabs are nonsense. You, the European politicians are greatly responsible to drive the youths of Africa in particular and the world in general from their respective countries due to your false promises, lies and your ignorance/arrogance. It really is other sophisticated and modern style of slavery, exploitation and Brain-drain (Brain-Wash) by the powers of our time!  They established a vast billions worth of Businesses in the name of “poor Illegal Immigrants”

Almost all illegal Migrants drive to migrate is: quest for quick Money-Greediness-unrealistic fantasy of Europe-Migration madness as a fashion of our time. These lead them to commit suicide mission in the desert and the Mediterranean See willingly and much suffering torture and death in the hands of criminal Human traffickers.

Berhane Habtemariam
May 3, 2016

*Googl Translation
"Beyond the controversy about the tools, the compact Migration creates a balance between development and migration management, prompting the EU and Africa to a community of responsibility". So the Deputy Foreign Minister with responsibility for international cooperation, Mario Giro, explains in an interview with Vita.it the goal that has set the Premier Renzi with the plan submitted to Brussels and that will also be discussed with African countries during the Italy-Africa conference on 18 May in Rome.

Q: Deputy Minister, Brussels married in principle the objectives of the compact Migration, but the judgment is suspended on tools, especially on Eurobonds that Merkel said no and on which Juncker has not expressed, while stressing the need to find "new ways of financing". How to overcome certain skepticism?

I do not think that it is an essential issue. At stake is something else. We have reached a point of no return that really forces you to figure out whether or not there is the will to create a common policy on migration issues, including on the African side of a shared responsibility for the management of migratory flows between the EU and Africa. As said Renzi, if this instrument of Eurobonds is not appreciated, is proposing an alternative. We are not tied to eurobonds in an ideological, even if they have a meaning: mutualise the responsibility because the migration issue must be addressed through a Community policy. This is the political message of the "compact Migration".

Q: But the Berlin could not be interpreted as a refusal to mutualise at European level responsibility with respect to the emergency migrations, or not?

Hence the question concerns only the instrument. I repeat, if anyone has alternatives that come forward. The important thing is to adopt a common European policy on migration and a large euro-African agreement which takes into account all the European and African partners, of their needs, but also the fact that is absolutely increased the magnitude of the effort and commitment if we want to respond to the time gap that is created whenever there are acute phenomena. People often say: "We help the Africans to their home." For some it is also fair, but it takes a long time, while the migration is very fast. And it is this gap of time that can be answered only by extending the intervention magnitude. Until now we intervene in any order, both in terms of development policies and in the responses to migration issues. Tie the two things through a truly common policy would enable us to expand this magnitude and respond to the temporal gap that continues to exist.

Africa calls for security, stability and development, Europe needs growth, migration, and security management. Today, we share two points out of three, missing the third: the migration issue, that the two continents must handle common mode.

Q: What guarantees that the African countries will adhere to this plan? To what extent the compact Migration responds to their concerns?

The interest of the African countries is to develop and to participate in globalization. Just as we entered Asia with manufacturing and industry, Africa can do it with the agriculture and agro-industry. But we have to overcome a number of obstacles such as lack of infrastructure and energy, including renewables, or the weakness of the agro-industrial system. In the current context, Africa needs us as we need Africa. But this goes for common policies that can not be limited in the adoption of instruments with only security objectives. It needs a great plan, which also includes safety because many African countries have objective problems of their borders and control migration routes because they overlap with those of drugs and weapons in part controllari by terrorists. Africa calls for security, stability and development, Europe needs growth, migration, and security management. Today, we share two points out of three, missing the third: the migration issue, that the two continents must handle common mode.

Q: How?

The cooperation has certainly an important role to play. Not only for the challenges that I just mentioned, but also on the theme of migration. Today Africa is the continent bled from brain drain. Many students trained on the continent of Africa leave their countries never to return or not to return in another African country.

Q: How to break this vicious circle?

Creating a virtuous cycle, especially in the medical and scientific field. Today it is necessary to integrate physicians, technicians, engineers, infirmiere in a vast search circuit that allows them to make a career and develop professionally without having to go and stay in Europe. Almost all doctors in Malawi formats live and work in the UK because a doctor in Africa will detach from the world of scientific research. Another challenge relates to the identification of persons. In many African countries there is a registry office, if only partially, which poses serious problems in terms of rights and democracy. Without a registry how do you register on the electoral roll? also poses a problem of social sustainability, if an administration does not know how many children will be next year in first grade, can not do programming; Finally it poses a security concern of course. In short, identifying people allows to better manage migration upstream. On birth registration, which is cited in the rest of "migration compact", Italy is discussing with West African countries.

The compact Migration involves the actions that need to take the Africans, but also Europeans. It 'clear that benefits no one the fact that Europe is only arrocchi on security issues and that Africa remains indifferent to the tragic fate of their countrymen. Instead of playing in defense, Italy has decided to throw the ball forward.

Q: Deputy Minister, Europe is at the forefront when it comes to giving lessons to Africans, but from time to time - perhaps - would agree to look at each other. How can we expect for example to set up an asylum system in third countries and fund it with an increase of the EU budget when, to date, only six Member States on 28 - including of course Italy - is in favor of the proposal to amend the Dublin Regulation?

The answer is contained in the application. The compact Migration involves the actions that need to take the Africans, but also Europeans. It 'clear that benefits no one the fact that Europe is only arrocchi on security issues and that Africa remains indifferent to the tragic fate of their countrymen. Instead of playing in defense, Italy has decided to throw the ball forward.

In Africa, you know what he did and what continues to make Italy before the emergency immigration, instead there is great skepticism towards the EU as a whole ...

The refusal on the part of African governments to accommodate their repatriated sums up this skepticism, which will prevail until we find an agreement.

Q: What space there will be for a financial instrument such as the Trust Fund for Africa?

Valletta is little or nothing compared to the challenges that lie ahead. Here we should at least ten times the funds provided by the trust fund for Africa [of 1.8 billion euro, ed] and exit the perverse logic in which we are trapped. The only possible way is to adopt a large EU-Africa plan for common development to promote the growth of both continents and the movement of people. A global challenge, a global response. The compact Migration is a first concrete step in this direction. It brings together all existing and proposes new instruments, establishes a balance between development and migration management, which also aids the African countries. Valletta has seen for the first time establish a commonality of concerns among Europeans and Africans, the "migration compact" pushes in a community of responsibility.

Q: It 'a theme that will be discussed during the forthcoming Italian-Africa Conference held in Rome on May 18?

Definitely.