(APO) The U.S. Embassy is deeply concerned with the extensive violence that occurred during protests across Ethiopia this weekend in the Oromia and Amhara regions

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 11:20:24 -0400

http://www.africa-newsroom.com/press/the-us-embassy-is-deeply-concerned-with-the-extensive-violence-that-occurred-during-protests-across-ethiopia-this-weekend-in-the-oromia-and-amhara-regions?lang=en

Source: U.S. Department of State | 2 hours ago

The U.S. Embassy is deeply concerned with the extensive violence that
occurred during protests across Ethiopia this weekend in the Oromia
and Amhara regions

The U.S. Embassy expresses its deep condolences to those who suffered
as a result of the violence and regrets the damage to livelihoods,
economic development, and the social fabric that such violence brings

WASHINGTON D.C., United States of America, August 8, 2016/APO/ --

The U.S. Embassy is deeply concerned with the extensive violence that
occurred during protests across Ethiopia this weekend in the Oromia
and Amhara regions. We have noted reports that protestors and security
officials have been injured or killed, although confirmed numbers are
not available.

The U.S. Embassy expresses its deep condolences to those who suffered
as a result of the violence and regrets the damage to livelihoods,
economic development, and the social fabric that such violence brings.
We recognize that many of the demonstrations took place without
authorization, and urge all parties to support those who are seeking
constructive dialog and peaceful solutions. We reaffirm our call to
respect the constitutionally enshrined rights of all citizens,
including those with opposition views, to gather peacefully, and to
express their opinions.

Distributed by APO on behalf of U.S. Department of State.