SiliconAfrica.com: Flashback-Africa: We don’t want aid. Please keep it for your local poor!

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 15:06:39 +0200
Africa: We don’t want aid. Please keep it for your local poor!
By: Mawuna Remarque KOUTONIN
August 01, 2016
http://www.siliconafrica.com/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs//5-Stars-Colonization.png
Africa: We don’t Want Aid. Thanks.
Europe: No, No you don’t understand you need Aid.

The fiercest defendants of Aid to Africa are now mostly non-Africans, while most Africans are asking to stop it.
Take the example of one small east African nation Eritrea. They declared self-reliance and shut all NGOs and relief organization offices.

They refused to accept aid. Since then they’ve started building their country and have good results.
“Keeping with its self-reliance policy, the government of Eritrea stopped requesting any financial assistance from the United States since 2005, and fully cut-off all third party NGOs that were financially sponsored by the United States after 2006. The Eritrean government believes that foreign assistance breeds a culture of dependency that shackles African countries into a cycle of poverty”.................

Read it in PDF Attachment entirely below: