Participants views about the International Conference on Eritrean Studies.

From: Adal-Video production. Adal Press & Publishing <eboeri30_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:36:29 -0600

https://cyberadal.wordpress.com/2016/07/27/participant-of-the-international-conference-on-eritrean-studies-point-of-view-with-shabait/

You presented two research papers at the ICES
‘Got Eritrea? Smart power, the Eritrean Diaspora and Lessons from the Asia
Pacific Countries’ is the first; and it is practically a research paper on
the things I talked about previously, on how to involve Eri Diaspora to the
National Development drive.

And the second is the role of archives. Achieves are important for
development, it is just not a place where you dump records. How do we make
those records live? That is the main question, and to do so, we need to
look into previous researches. In few words it is about making archives not
a dead place.

– At the end
This country is an ancient country and it is an archeological heaven. When
I tell my students about Eritrea, they get surprised, because they think
that Eritrea just popped out of nowhere. But then again, it is ironic how
Eritrea and its people have had a certain structure since the begging of
time. Fighting against Ethiopian hegemony, is thus one aspect of it, then
the other aspect we were fighting simultaneously is the image of Ethiopia
coming out as an older country and Eritrea as an appendix and new nuisance.
Such notions should need to be cleared out from the deep inside!

Eritrea is an entity that is as old as humanity itself, and now is about
time we start talking about it and work for our advancement.

IMG_20160727_110225.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: IMG_20160727_110225.jpg)