APS.dz: To the launch of the 1st women of cycling in Africa team

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 00:35:40 +0200
To the launch of the 1st women of cycling in Africa team
Friday, July 22, 2016 16:10
*Google Translation
KIGALI - The first women's team of cycling in Africa will be launched very soon and will be called upon to integrate the UCI World Tour in 2017, reported Friday the local press.

The same source has noted that this a selection consisting of 13 runners of Rwanda, from Eritrea and Ethiopia has for some time centre performance, cycling (ARCC) at Kigali.

"It is in our prospects, but it's a little too early to say. We do not yet have everything we need to keep the team. We identify and discuss with potential sponsors in the USA,"said Kimberly Coats, Marketing Manager of the Rwanda and ARCC cycling team.

Rwanda champion Joan of Arc Girubuntu is the leader of this team under construction. In September 2015, it became the first sub-Saharan African to attend women's world championships on road to the UCI in Richmond in the USA. Just two years after having started the small Queen.

The African selection who trains currently in the ARCC is Rwanda beautiful Manizabayo and Jeanne d'Arc Girubuntu, of Eritrean Tigisti Yowhans Gebrhiwet, Wahazit Kidane Afewrki, Baire Wogahta Gebrehiwet, Mosana Abraham Debesay, Yohana Dawit Mengis, and some Ethiopian Dino Jhon Eyerusalem, Fkaddu drop Brhan, Eyeru Gebru Tesfoam, Takele Gelaye Fikreadis, Abera Furtuna Kasahun and Selam Amha Gerefiel.
It is worth noting that currently, cycling in Africa is represented by seven male riders on the Tour de France, 2016.