Leparisien.fr: Saint-Mard: 200 migrants living in the gym for a month

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 23:52:21 +0200

Saint-Mard: 200 migrants living in the gym for a month

Saint-Mard|
July 22, 2016, 7:48 p.m.|0
*Google translation
Saint-Mard Friday. The 200 migrants from Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan and Afghanistan will remain one month gymnasium Pailleux requisitioned by the state. (LP / VR)

Qome 200 migrants evacuated from a camp of Villette in Paris, arrived on Friday late morning in the gymnasium of Saint-Mard. The state has commandeered the place, against the advice of the mayor. "I am presented with a fait accompli, laments Daniel Dometz (LR). I am concerned about the behavior of migrants in the streets of the town. "

The elected has also refused to sign the agreement with the Association La Rose des vents, charged by the prefecture to manage this welcome. Ill organizes this Saturday a public meeting at 10 am at the town hall. On the other hand a petition has already been launched on the Internet by people worried.

These 200 migrants are mostly from Afghanistan, Eritrea, Somalia and Sudan.They will stay a month at the gym ,, "time to make their papers and then the dispatcher through France so that they fit," says a representative of the state.

Mohamed and Ahmed dream of finding a woman and labor

Saint-Mard Friday. Mohamed and Ahmed, 25 and 29, would remain in France to find a wife and a job. (LP / VR)

Mohamed, 25, learned English in school in Sudan. He left his country a year ago, Ahmed, a friend of 29 years. Direction Libya border country, car, boat and Italy. They walked three days until Nice, before taking the train to Paris, there is a month. They were in the camp at La Villette, in Paris, with 2500 other migrants evacuated Friday morning. "People are nice in France, says Mohamed. I return to Sudan in three or five years if I did not find a wife here. I would like to work in France and I have to learn the language. "Just arrived, the two friends left the station, located one kilometer. "We're going to Melun to the papers." This is indeed the prefecture will study their cases and the Rose des Vents help like any other, with the OFII (French Office for Immigration and Integration), in their administrative procedures.

  leparisien.fr