Madote.com/ Video : Meles Zenawi's confession on his ulterior motives towards Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 20:34:08 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gazILBiAK0E

Published on Feb 6. 2016

Meles Zenawi's confession on his ulterior motives towards Eritrea

If you thought the 1998-2000 war was just a border war think again. Meles Zenawi never accepted Eritrea's independence - he just went along with it because he had to (EPLF handheld him to power). He used the border and currency dispute in 1998 to attempt to annex Eritrea. How else can you explain Ethiopia's attempt of annexing Assab in 2000? Or Ethiopia's attempts of annexing other areas within Eritrea that were never in dispute?

“I would point out one thing that was mentioned to me on several occasions on meeting that I had with Prime Minister Meles, which I always found fascinating and I was never able to sort of get from him why he made those statements. But on several occasions during the conflict the 1998 – 2000 conflict, he said “Mr Ambassador ONE OF THESE DAYS WE ARE GOING TO BE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN” and I would try to press on that to find out how is this going to happen? What’s the plan here? He gave no time frame at all and he did not imply it would happen in his life time, but he made that statement on several occasions to me and I found it intriguing but was never able to determine why he though that was going to happen? But I am convinced he BELIEVED IT VERY SINCERELY!” ----- Ambassador David Shinn US Ambassador to Ethiopia 1996 -1999
David H. Shinn (born June 9, 1940) is an American diplomat and professor. He is an Adjunct Professor of International Affairs at The George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs. His diverse career in the foreign service of the United States has included ambassadorships to Ethiopia and Burkina Faso. Shinn is also a frequent commentator in the news media on political issues, and has provided consultancy to the U.S. government on Horn of Africa related matters as well as Sino-African relations.

Shinn is active in several non-governmental organizations focused on the Horn of Africa and the African Great Lakes region. He serves on the Board of Directors for Adeso, an NGO founded by the Somali environmentalist Fatima Jibrell. It conducts programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan. Additionally, Shinn is on the Board of Directors of the Phi Theta Kappa Foundation.

Shinn served for 37 years in the United States Foreign Service with assignments at embassies in Lebanon, Kenya, Tanzania, Mauritania, Cameroon, Sudan, and as ambassador to Burkina Faso and Ethiopia.