Introducing Music In Africa

From: Abraham Afewerki Foundation for Music <info_at_negarit.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:37:17 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Beth Achitsa <editor.ea_at_musicinafrica.net>
Date: Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 4:45 AM
Subject: Introducing Music In Africa

*Hello, *

I write to introduce music in Africa www.musicinafrica.net an information
and knowledge exchange portal for the African music sector. We are
currently commissioning on various out if you would be interested in
contributing or recommend people who can write authoritatively about the
Eritrean music sector.

We normally compensate writers for this kind of work. At the moment I am
looking at commissioning a writer on the following topics:

*The Eritrean live music scene:* This text should cover under separate
subheadings, (1) Live music venues, and (2) festivals, and ideally (3)
promoters/event organizers. Include examples of venues (e.g. clubs) and
festivals that are reliable and not likely to close down soon. Try to cover
not only the capital city but also give examples of venues or events in
other towns or regions. It is aimed at someone visited a country and
wanting to experience live music, but who doesn’t know where to go.

*Key genre in Eritrea:* This text should go into detail on a specific genre
that is attached to a country. It should cover the history, the sound
itself, and key artists and release. The structure needs to be logical and
ideally chronological. It is aimed at someone who wants to learn more about
a specific genre. Besides the above topics we can accept interesting
pitches.

Please let me know if you are able to contribute on the above topics or if
you know someone you can recommend. I look forward to hearing from you and
discussing this further with you.

Regards,

*Beth Achitsa**– Regional Editor (Eastern Africa)*

*M:* +254 (0)710 733 356 *Skype:* beth.achitsa2

[image: image001.png]

*Information and exchange portal for the African music sector*

*Supported by*

[image: image002.png]

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

image001.png