2016 » 13th Tour du Cameroun (2.2) Stage 4: Amanuel Mengis takes 2nd place

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:20:25 +0000 (UTC)

Tour du Cameroun - day 4: Amanuel Mengis takes 2nd place!

15th March 2016

It’s coming closer and closer. Stage 4 and the 4th top-ten result for Amanuel Mengis in a row. But today it was 2nd place and the first ever podium on a UCI race for him so far! It was again a pretty flat stage with lots of attacks and hard fight to get the break.

As from tomorrow on there will be more and more climbs, today’s goal was to save energy but still to try to keep a good position in the race.

All Stradalli – BIKE AID riders worked well and in the final they did a great job. But despite all riders worked well together it was not possible to bring back the last man from the break away and Amanuel finished 2nd by winning the bunch sprint!

The team remains confident for the upcoming days to have a fight with the current yellow jersey from Morocco! We still keep our fingers crossed guys!

_Credit: EritreanCycling

Date: 15th March 2016

Avg. speed winner: 40.998 km/u

Race category: Men Elite