International Tour of Blida (Step 2): Barbari winner Wackerman yellow

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:17:52 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.aps.dz/sport/38327-tour-international-de-blida-2e-%C3%A9tape-barbari-vainqueur,-wackerman-en-jaune

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:23 P.M.

International Tour of Blida (Step 2): Barbari winner Wackerman yellow

BLIDA - Algerian Adil Barbari the Emirati team-Nasr Dubai won the second stage of the international cycling Tour of Blida, while Italian Luca Wackerman is always yellow jersey.

Algerian crossed the stage finish line run between Blida-Djebabra-Blida (129 Km) in 3:22: 34, before the Eritrean Aron Debretsion (3:22: 35) and teammate of the team, the 'Luca Wackerman.

The latter retained the yellow leader jerseys and red the best sprinter, while the polka dot jersey for the best climber returned to the Eritrean Mehari Tesfatsion. The white jersey of best hope was brought by the Rwandan Areruya Joseph.

Adil Barbari signed at the same time the first Algerian to win Grand Tour of Algeria 2016.

This second stage of the International Tour of Blida, fourth test of GTAC-2016, was almost canceled for bad weather.

>From the beginning of the stage, two Algerian runners Benrais Nadir Club Sovac and Ghebghoub Ramzi (AS Security Police) have launched a breakaway together from the cities of Amrossa, Bouinen and Ouled Selama.

At the entrance of Meftah (40 km), the leading duo was made back by the peloton, led by the crew of the yellow jersey that rolled at a speed of 43 km / h.

At the foot of the rise of Djebabra, a climb of the first category, ten riders including five Eritrean, four Rwandans and Italian Luca Wackerman, broke away from the pack.

Trying to destabilize the yellow jersey, Luca Wackerman, Eritreans and Rwandans were ultimately not able to take off on the Italian who made an easy climb.

Making a descent over 90 km / h, the Algerian Adil Barbari arrived to catch the group, before taking the lead in the race, accompanied by Italian and Eritrean Aron Wackermn Debretsion.

Algerian crossed the finish line in the sprint.

The third and final stage of Blida international cycling Tour lead Saturday Blida platoon Mount Chrea a distance of 131 Km.

International Tour of Blida (Step 2): Declarations

Statements taken by the APS at the end of the second stage of the international cycling Tour of Blida, fourth test of GTAC-2016, won by Algerian runner Adil Barbari-Nasr Dubai.

Adil Barbari (Nasr-Dubai / stage winner) : "I'm happy to sign the first stage win for Algeria It was a very difficult stage, closely monitored by the Eritreans and Rwandans who wanted to recover. the yellow jersey. I thank my teammate Luca Wackerman helped me for the final victory. I think the Italian is on track to keep his yellow jersey Saturday Chrea ".

Aron Debretsion (2nd step / Eritrea) : "We have a working group in the rise of Djebabra we know very well The Italian withstood our attacks We will prepare tomorrow's stage (.. Chréa) looming decisive for the yellow jersey. "

Abdellah Cherif (Assistant Athletic Director Nasr Dubai) : "We made ​​a team effort by getting the stage win Adil Barbari really wanted to win here in Blida We will continue on this path to hope to snatch the yellow jersey.. Tour. Our cyclists have done a good job of combining their efforts for the benefit of a single runner. "

Allik Fares (Athletic Director Sovac club) : "We placed two riders in the leading breakaway, but the rise of Djebabra was difficult for our team, we will continue working to hope to win stages..."

Software translation