(Star Africa)Botswana to beef up security for match against Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:53:52 +0000 (UTC)

http://en.starafrica.com/sport/botswana-to-beef-up-security-for-match-against-eritrea.html

Botswana to beef up security for match against Eritrea

Posted by: APA Posted date : 24 September 2015 at 9:32 am UTC

Botswana said Thursday that will beef up security during a match against Eritria on October as part of the ongoing World Cup qualifiers.During a game that Botswana recently won against B Burkina Faso in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier that was played in the northern city of Francistown, about 430km north of Gaborone at the beginning of September, fans invaded the pitch.

Botswana Football Association (BFA) Chief Executive Officer Kitso Kemoeng confirmed in a brief interview that a situation where by fans invade the pitch after the match will be a thing of the past.

“We will use the same stadium in Francistown because the reception there is quite good. We also hope for better planning this time around and we will not tolerate or allow a situation whereby fans invade the pitch. We will beef up security to ensure that we are FIFA complaint,” said Kemoeng.

Botswana will visit Eritrea for the first leg match of the first round CAF qualifiers on October 7 and host them in a return leg on October 13 with the aggregate winner proceeding through to the group stages of the World Cup qualifiers.