(PezCyclingNews) Merhawi Kudus among riders from MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung at World Championships in Richmond,

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:42:30 -0400

"Merhawi Kudus – Rider
I am really happy and excited to be racing world champs for my country
Eritrea. We have always received a lot of support from our fans while
racing during the year. Now we get to race for our country which makes
me motivated and also very proud"

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/newswire/uci-world-road-championships/#.VgA-e_ldV8E

UCI World Road Championships
September 20, 2015
by Press Release
 riders from MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung at World Championships
The UCI World Road Championships will take place in Richmond, USA from
20-27 September. Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung will have 8 riders at
the championships, representing their respective nations.

In the u23 category, Merhawi Kudus will be competing in both the time
trial and road race events for Eritrea. Our trainee, Jayde Julius will
represent South Africa during the u23 road race.

In the Elite events, Edvald Boasson Hagen will concentrate on the road
race for Norway while Tyler Farrar does the same for the home nation,
the United States of America. Youcef Reguigui will represent Algeria
during the road race with Jaco Venter and Reinardt Janse van Rensburg
both lining up for the South African team. It will only be our Brit,
Steve Cummings who takes part in the time trial as well as the road
race.

The schedule of events is as follows:

u23 Time Trial – Monday 21 September (30km)
Elite Time Trial – Wednesday 23 September (53km)
u23 Road Race – Friday 25 September (162km)
Elite Road Race – Sunday 27 September (259km)

Tyler Farrar – Rider
It is a huge honour to line up for the U.S. at a World Championship in
America. That’s really a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am so happy
to have made the team and we will be looking to put on a good show for
the home fans.

Merhawi Kudus – Rider
I am really happy and excited to be racing world champs for my country
Eritrea. We have always received a lot of support from our fans while
racing during the year. Now we get to race for our country which makes
me motivated and also very proud.

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg – Rider
The World Championships is always a fantastic spectacle and a
highlight of the season. I am looking forward to worlds in Richmond
and I think the course suits our South African team well. We will be
looking to a top result and I think we have a great chance of doing
something special.

Edvald Boasson Hagen – Rider
It’s a pretty hard course but you can’t count out the sprinters. In
Kristoff we have a really good contender for the win. I will look to
do a good job for him but the possibility could arise where I get to
take my own chance.