(Times, Israel) Do Black Lives Matter in the Iran Deal?

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:02:24 -0400

"There are generally two possible options, either the kidnapped
victims are sold into some form of slavery, or the victims are held in
storehouses for ransom money from their families. Clarfield wrote,
“Once the incoming groups of captive Eritreans are divided up among
the gangs, the poor victims are asked if they have relatives abroad
with cellphones. If they do, and most do, then they are asked to call
their relatives and arrange for ransoms of up to $50,000 per person.”

These ransom houses are known as, “torture houses,” because the
Bedouins call the families of the captives from the house, and torture
their victims over the phone so that their families can listen to
their screams as motivation to send the money"

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/do-black-lives-matter-in-the-iran-deal/

Do Black Lives Matter in the Iran Deal?

SEPTEMBER 18, 2015, 11:01 PM 1

Daniel SwindellDaniel Swindell is a Zionist. He has a B.A. in
Philosophy from the University of Missouri, and has studied …[More]

The reason I don’t support the Iran deal is because I don’t like black
people — at least, that is what a caller told me on the radio show
where I was invited to speak about the Iran deal. During the show I
listed the arguments presented by the Obama administration in favor of
the deal, and then I attempted to refute each one of them.

Towards the end of the show, a man called in and exclaimed that my
only motive was that I simply wanted to see a black president fail. He
reduced all my arguments to simple racism. He said, “It’s a smear
campaign against Barak Obama. To try to portray him as a black
President as being negligent, or incapable of fulfilling the role of a
president. In other words, it’s not that I see serious flaws with the
Iran deal itself, it’s just that I don’t like black people.

Well, despite the initial sting of being called a racist on air, this
argument is not totally new to me. And I also want to say that the
caller probably wasn’t trying to attack me personally, even though it
felt that way. But more importantly, as I explained to the caller, the
Iran deal will cause enormous damage to many African people. I
explained, “Iran gives hundred of millions of dollars to Hamas. Hamas
is one of the world’s leaders in the African slave trade… So, when I
fight against this deal, I fight against black people being sold. I am
fighting to keep money out of the hands of people who will sell
Africans.”

My statements on the radio referred to the Hamas and Bedouin modern,
African slave trade, which starts in the Sinai Desert where Bedouin
tribesman kidnap African refugees as they travel trying to reach
Israel, or possibly Europe. The Bedouin tribesman do a great deal of
the legwork, such as the kidnapping, and the transport of the captives
across the desert roads, while Hamas does a great deal of the money
transfers. Anthropologist Geoffrey Clarfield wrote, “There are about
50 tribally based trafficking gangs working in the Sinai.” Calev Myers
described the situation in the Sinai, “This sparsely populated and
traditionally lawless desert region…is providing local (Bedouin)
tribesmen a chance to build a thriving business in illegally
trafficking African migrants… Most of the Sinai refugees are
collateral damage from Africa’s many tribal conflicts, many from
Sudan, Eritrea, or Ethiopia… 87% of the hostages are Christian.”

There are generally two possible options, either the kidnapped victims
are sold into some form of slavery, or the victims are held in
storehouses for ransom money from their families. Clarfield wrote,
“Once the incoming groups of captive Eritreans are divided up among
the gangs, the poor victims are asked if they have relatives abroad
with cellphones. If they do, and most do, then they are asked to call
their relatives and arrange for ransoms of up to $50,000 per person.”

These ransom houses are known as, “torture houses,” because the
Bedouins call the families of the captives from the house, and torture
their victims over the phone so that their families can listen to
their screams as motivation to send the money.

A reporter recounted, “The mother was telling me, she was listening to
her daughter being raped, and they were yelling, ‘this is for you.’” A
survivor told CNN, “You are lucky if you can rest… every twenty
minutes they come and hit you with a big stick… we cannot even hold
bread with our hands because they are so swollen.” A family member
told CNN that the kidnappers, “call me every hour and ask for money
while my brother is being tortured… then my parents will call and say,
‘please, we cannot take the torture calls.’”

Hamas transfers the ransom money through the Gaza strip and West Bank.
Myers wrote, “Extortion is key to the Sinai-based smuggling industry.
The smugglers wish to procure the largest sum possible for each
abductee and are willing to go to extreme lengths to secure ransoms….
Once the family members pay up, the ransom funds move to the hands of
Hamas operatives in the West Bank towns of Jenin and Nablus. From
there, the funds flow into the Gaza Strip… (and into) Hamas’ network
of underground tunnels running under the border between Gaza and
Sinai.” Hamas smuggles the ransom cash through its tunnels, which
makes Hamas one of the world’s leaders in the modern African slave and
torture trade. Hamas has made untold millions of dollars, while the
entire network, “is a highly profitable trade with criminal
enterprises encompassing a far-stretched network of regional
operatives from Sudan to the West Bank, and has so far taken in
revenue of an estimated 600 million dollars, earning around 20,000
dollars for each kidnapped refugee.”

Hamas is a proxy of Iran. Iran gives Hamas hundreds of millions of
dollars every year. Our government knows about the Hamas slave trade,
it’s no secret – after all, it has been reported on CCN. And yet, we
are about to give Iran a hundred and fifty billion dollars. Which
means, not only is Iran about to get a whole lot richer, but so is
Hamas! The Iran deal will flood Hamas with cash to fuel the
enslavement of countless African victims. Anyone who denies this is
either deluded, or a liar.

So, here are my questions: First, how will money reform psychology? If
we give billions of dollars to human traffickers, why will they stop
trafficking? Second, why am I trying to stop money from being given to
a “government” who sells Africans, but my president is not? My answer
is that I am trying to stop the modern African slave trade. My
motivation for fighting the Iran deal is because I care about all
lives, regardless of race. But what is President Obama’s motivation?