(Expressen.se)Recognizing the death blow, but denies murder

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:45:04 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/ikea-morden--nu-ar-rattegangen-i-gang/

Recognizing the death blow, but denies murder

On Wednesday began the trial of Abraham Ukbagabir, 36, suspected of having the knife killed a 55 year old woman and her 27-year-old son on the Ikea in Västerås in August.

Ukbagabir admits he distributed the deadly stabbed but denies murder.

- He will not be convicted of manslaughter. In my opinion he is sentenced for murder, says the right expert Sven-Erik Alhem, who believe that the penalty is life imprisonment.

# Abraham Ukbagabir, 36, is charged with two murders.

# The victims are a 55 year old woman and her 27-year-old son, residents of the Skellefteå area.

# Abraham says he chose those who were closest to the Ikea - then he stabbed himself.

# The suspect and the victims had no connection to each other.

# Ukbagabir admits that he robbed the victims life but denies murder.

# The same day that the murder took place, he was told that he was not allowed to stay in Sweden. According to him, the motive for the killing.

# The recognition is supported by witness statements and forensic evidence.

# He is not considered to have been mentally ill at the time of the act.

# A urine sample taken after the murder showed that Ukbagabir had methamphetamine in the body.

# The final day of the trial is on Friday.

The hearing ended early on Wednesday afternoon. Then had the right, among other things, questioned some of those who witnessed the horrific scenes inside the store.

- I held her head, I knew she was heavy after a few seconds, said an Ikea employee who ran forward to help the stabbed woman.

She thought at first that the woman on the floor had a heart attack. Then she saw that the woman had a knife inserted into the stomach.

Another witness told:

- I heard two horrible screams. A woman and a man.

She walked in the direction of the sounds. Soon, she saw a woman lying on her stomach and a bleeding man staggered.

- I can see his eyes. I have never seen such a frightened look, said the witness.

Denies Murder

The murder suspect Abraham Ukbagabir sat in the crowded, heavily guarded courtroom in Västmanland district court, dressed in a green sweater and flanked by an interpreter. He had no visible but after the injuries he inflicted himself in connection with a knife attack on August 10. He appeared composed, reported Expressen envoy from the courtroom.

Ukbagabir admitted that he handed stab that killed the 55-year-old woman and her 27-year-old son. There is no doubt that it was an aggressive attack. He had not intended to murder, he claimed.

- He denies murder but admits aggravated assault and manslaughter, said his lawyer, Per-Ingvar Ekblad.
But right expert Sven-Erik Alhem do not think the law will go on the defense line.

- He will not be convicted of manslaughter. In my opinion he is sentenced for murder, says Alhem, who believe that the penalty is life imprisonment.

Abraham Ukbagabir, who are nationals of Eritrea and lived in an asylum accommodation in Arboga, was the day of the murders took place at the Board. There he had the final announcement that he would not stay in Sweden, but is sent to Italy where he already had a temporary residence permit. This authorization is valid until July next year.

- I felt that when all the others are allowed to stay in the country, but not me, then I regarded it as a crime against me. To show that I was treated unfairly and to get peace, then I went on the attack. It is a kind of defense. So my thoughts, said Ukbagabir.

How would it be peace and peace by chopping two people with a knife? asked the prosecutor.

- I tried to free the thoughts that were in my brain

Had thoughts of a knife attack

But already 3-4 weeks prior to the Migration Board's negative response on August 10 had Ukbagabir plans to attack someone with a knife, he said.

- I thought that if I carry these thoughts, and if they die, I hoped that they would end up in paradise.

His story on Wednesday morning were somewhat contradictory and he also made statements pointing in a different direction.

- I did not know those people. I can describe it as an accident. I can not specifically say that I had a plan to attack anyone, he said at one point.

After meeting with the Migration Board, he met a friend. He would help his friend with an errand in town.

- At the same time, I had my thoughts on how I would carry the thoughts I had, he said to the court.

Ukbagabir was looking for a second hand shop in central Västerås to find the right kind of knives, but he was unable to find the knives he was looking for. Then he went and friend to Ikea.

- I got information from others in town that there could be knives, he said.

In the housewares department, he found the knives he sought and took the package away from them. Then he saw the 55-year-old woman and her 27-year-old son, who by all accounts was a random victim.

- When did the incident. It was the first time I saw these two, said Ukbagabir.

He could not say for sure, but thought he attacked the woman first. The son began to defend himself with his legs when he fell after the first stab.

After the attack on the mother and son stabbed Ukbagabir even himself.

- I prayed to God that if I die, I hope you accept me, he said in court.

On Wednesday interrogated even Ukbagabirs 23-year-old friend, who was at Ikea and initially suspected of complicity in the killings, but is now completely taken off the investigation. He did not know what Ukbagabir would do at Ikea. If he had known, he would never have followed, he stated. When the knife attack took place, he was shocked.

- I was terrified and ran away, said the 23-year-old, who shortly thereafter was arrested by police at a bus stop outside IKEA.

Had been in the summer house

During the proceedings, the first day went Prosecutor also review the events at Ikea August 10th.

The woman and her son, who is resident outside Skellefteå, had been in the cottage outside Västerås. They had spent the holiday in the cottage. The 27-year-old son had gotten home and was at Ikea with my mother to shop to their new home.

The mother and son could be at Ikea 30 minutes before they met Abraham Ukbagabir. 12:40 o'clock they came to the housewares department. Seven minutes later Ukbagabir there with his friend.

Abraham Ukbagabir went to the knife shelf. He broke up the packages, took the two knives, a pan and cutting board and moved towards the place where the woman and her son were.

A surveillance video showing the sequence of events was shown to the right.

"While we see this watching the suspect straight ahead in the courtroom," reported Expressen correspondent. Surveillance video shows not the actual attacks, but after 35 seconds is seen staff come running toward the place where the damage is.

The prosecutor then went on to describe the damage that the 55-year-old woman and her 27-year-old son got the knife attack.

The mother received a strong blow that gave a deep bukväggsgenomgående wounding with almost completely severed the aorta with the result that she died, according to the prosecutor.

The son was carved on the face, neck, chest, thigh and groin.

Furthermore, added he bukväggsgenomgående wound in the abdomen to cut tarmbensartär and cut the vein that led to his death.

Both the mother and the son bled to death very quickly after the attack.

Not mentally ill

It was at noon on August 10 that police were warned that two people had been stabbed to death and that a third person was seriously injured at Ikea in Vasteras.

The injured person was Abraham Ukbagabir. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Vasteras.

When witnesses began questioning revealed that signalement information on the offender agreed well with the injured Ukbagabir.

Four days later, held the first hearing of the murder suspect Abraham Ukbagabir, who remained sedated because of his injuries. He then admitted that he attacked two people with a knife and also that he inflicted on himself the knife wounds he cared for.

Ukbagabir has undergone a psychiatric evaluation. The conclusion is that he suffered from a serious mental disorder at the time of the act. He can be sentenced to prison.

A medical examination after the attack showed that Ukbagabir had traces of the drug methamphetamine in the urine. He has denied that he had taken the drug.

Many people witnessed the double murder. It also includes extensive technical evidence. Among other things, blood and DNA from the killed Ukbagabirs found on clothing.

The prosecution claims that he be expelled from Sweden and prohibited to return here.

On Friday, keeps the prosecutor and the defender of their closing statements in the case.
(Software translation)

The perpetrator, Abraham Ukbagabir, a 36-year-old Eritrean , took a knife from the kitchenware department at IKEA in Västerås, and attacked two random victims a 55-year-old woman and her 28-year-old son, on a visit from a village outside of Skellefteå in northern Sweden.The attack was not caught on any surveillance cameras, but according to eyewitness accounts made to the Aftonbladet newspaper, the attacker stabbed the 55-year-old woman in her stomach. Her son died from wounds inflicted by the perpetrator when he tried to fend off the attack. The perpetrator then proceeded to stab himself in the stomach.