(Giessener-anzeiger.de)Abune Aregawi Eritrean Orthodox Church celebrates official opening casting

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:15:57 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.giessener-anzeiger.de/lokales/stadt-giessen/nachrichten-giessen/abune-aregawi-eritreisch-orthodoxe-kirche-giessen-feiert-offizielle-eroeffnung_16320434.htm

Abune Aregawi Eritrean Orthodox Church celebrates official opening casting
10.26.2015

CASTING - (MSH). Many people find a refuge in faith, giving safety and security - especially away from home. With the arrival of many refugees from Eritrea whose desire grew for its own commune. This was just satisfied to some 500 Eritreans living in Giessen. On Saturday the Eritrean Orthodox Church Abune Aregawi casting with the arrival of the specially revered Gesetzestafeln "Tabot" has now been officially recognized by the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

Pastor Matthias Schmid opened it willingly the Church of St. Thomas More. "We are united by faith in Jesus Christ, it's okay," said the Roman Catholic priest on the Orthodox Christians. "After all, we are not only in the faith brothers and sisters, but also as a man." Prior to the faithful who have to take the long journey to Frankfurt to be of worship, said municipality chairman Daniel Maharai. It made him happy to have finally found a suitable place for worship. "We are pastors Schmid very grateful that we can take advantage of his Church".

The Eritreans over 600 attending subjected before entering the church off her shoes and wore white robes called "Gabi nexelu". The women covered themselves with white sheets to the head and torso, and sat by the men separated on the right side of the pews.

As early as six in the morning, the church filled. "But no time to us is too early and no way too far," said Birhane. The 27-year-old arrived in pouring a few weeks ago after an adventurous escape via Sudan, Libya and the Mediterranean Sea. In his home country he had to leave his family because of political persecution by the regime. He was very moved about, that he has now recovered with the church a little piece of home. "The familiar chants and prayers are very important to me, now that I live in a foreign country".

The Orthodox service lasted several hours and consisted of numerous eulogies, prayers and Bible readings. At the final procession Schmid demonstrated by the dedication of Eritreans impressed. "From their piety we can cut a thick slice in our Western Church tradition," he said with a grin. The entire community joined in singing and clapping rhythmically with. With drums, the rhythm was further accelerated, so that even the priests and deacons danced before the altar. "Such a sentiment I've never seen this," he admitted.

Councillor Astrid Eibelshäuser brought the faithful the congratulations of the magistrate and welcomed her into casting. "It's nice that you have found a new home here." On the church square, the community then took breakfast together based on the yeast-like flatbread "injera". This was followed by further celebrated with typical local music until early evening. "This is a great family event," explained the 14-year-old Msagna and added that many relatives had it flown in from outside. But is also the integration of refugees is of great importance for the grown in Giessen Mirabell. "We take them here in our district and provide them with a place of refuge." Schmid praised this commitment, as many refugees are traumatized by their experiences and need the help of their fellow countrymen because of the language barrier urgently.

The services of the Eritrean Orthodox Church Abune Aregawi casting on Sundays from 14 to 16:30 clock instead. However Maharai announced that this should begin earlier in the future, once the altar arrives from Eritrea. Visitors are welcome at any time. "We are pleased about everyone who wants to celebrate with us worship," stated Maharai.

http://www.giessener-anzeiger.de/img_L2ZtLzgxOS90aHVtYm5haWxzL0NPTl81MjI4NDg3ODNfNTQ3MTdfTS5qcGcuMjgxMDk4NjEuanBn_L2ZtLzgxOS90aHVtYm5haWxzL0NPTl81MjI4NDg3ODNfNTQ3MTdfTS5qcGcuMjgxMDk4NjMuanBn.jpg

(Software translation)