(CSU) "Fight causes of flight, open up new perspectives"

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 06:12:06 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.csu.de/aktuell/meldungen/dezember-2015/mueller-in-aegypten-und-eritrea/

Müller in Egypt and Eritrea

"Fight causes of flight, open up new perspectives"

Given the continuing refugee crisis, German Development Minister Gerd Müller has traveled to a three-day visit to Egypt and Eritrea. Egypt is an important transit country for many migrants en route to Europe. Eritrea is No. 1 on the African countries of origin of refugees in Germany.

Müller stressed the importance of engagement in the crisis countries: "If we want to fight causes of flight, we need to engage, where many refugees are coming from, even if it is difficult to us there. It is a peaceful and stable development in the region. In particular, young people need prospects in their home - education, training and professional services. Is not this, they make their way to Europe, "Müller said.

In the Egyptian capital Cairo, Müller met with President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. In conversation, the two agreed on closer cooperation in the dual training in Egyptian factories. Given youth unemployment of 40 percent, the German Development Ministry supports the economic development of the country, especially through the creation of jobs for young people.

Also Eritrea, which leave many people from poverty and lack of prospects want, ask Müller aids in view, but especially promote political reforms: "We can assist Eritrea to stop the exodus of young people, by improving the living conditions locally and if possible return prospects Open. We offer talks and explore aids, for example in vocational training. This will only work if the Eritrean government to initiate economic and political reforms and improving the human rights situation. "

The development cooperation between Germany and Eritrea has been set of 2007. The work of NGOs in the country is severely limited. In recent months, the Eritrean government had, however, increasingly shown interest in enhancing international cooperation, especially with Germany.

http://www.csu.de/generated/pics/Mueller_AEgypten_Eritrea_06cbec2177.jpg

(Software translation)