(NRK)It's a disaster. I'm very sad

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:11:59 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.nrk.no/mr/sunndalsamfunnet-preget-etter-drapet-1.12664397

- It's a disaster. I'm very sad

Both people from the Eritrean community in Sunndal and the village locals are sad after a 17-year-old girl was killed at the reception Thursday night.

The murder of a 17 year old girl from Eritrea Thursday night has left its mark in the local community in Sunndal. Also gunman was from the African country, but should not have stayed in the reception center.

About 80 people in Sunndal is originally from Eritrea and the Eritrean environment is characterized by the incident.

- I have been in Norway for seven years and it is the first time I hear of such a thing in Sunndal. The situation is a disaster and I am very sad, says Tess Brandstadmoen.

- Must talk about what has happened
He even came to Norway after having participated in the war against Ethiopia. Three years after came his wife and two children also to Sunndalsøra. According Brandstadmoen thrive Eritreans there.

- You do not need to go from Sunndalsøra. The situation is good and we will include going to school. I stayed at the reception center before and if anyone were granted asylum application we played, danced and drank, he says.

He urges the Eritrean community to stand together and support each other in this tough period.

- We are talking, and this weekend we might meet, have a coffee and talk about what has happened, says Brandstadmoen.

- Does not affect the attitude of asylum seekers

Olga Jorunn Høgstad living daily in Sunndal. She does not believe that the deaths of the asylum reception center will have a negative impact and help change people's views on the residents there.

- We have a staff of Eritrea, and he thinks it's terrible. So do we, and it does not affect the attitude of other foreigners, she says.

What do you think that there is such a huge reception center here?

- It's never bothered me and there has never been any problem with that, says Høgstad.

Kåre Holten do not think this single incident will have any impact on people's attitudes, but think it will take time to get used to the large amounts of asylum seekers arriving in the country.

- They are adopting measures that go beyond what we are used to, and I think it can be challenge. But where I work we have been through several skilled asylum seekers and overall it is very good here in Sunndal, he says.

(Software translation)