(Examiner) Fithi Abraham, artist discovery

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 20:27:03 -0400

http://www.examiner.com/article/fithi-abraham-artist-discovery?cid=rss

Fithi Abraham, artist discovery

May 12, 201511:02 AM MST

What art and artists often teach us by their example and being is that they
are everywhere and that their creative expression is unstoppable. In
America, we are blessed with the capacity to accept immigrants from diverse
cultures. Give to an artist the same set of tools and materials and their
uniqueness as a person combines with their cultural experience to produce
sensational outcomes that are unique in their own right. Fithi Abraham
integrates his African and Eritrean experience with his incredible talent
to interpret the world, with a command on painting people like few others
can match. (He is from east Africa. In 1993 he was born in the capital city
of Eritrea which is Asmara.) While he claims to be realistic in his
impressions, his application of explosive color makes his art pop like
dispersing color from a prism.

Fithi Abraham
View all8 photos
Fithi Abraham

However, if you believe that Fithi’s color work is exciting, take a look at
his drawings and charcoal work. He is filled with surprises. View this
timelapse drawing demonstration, one of several on the web. It’s a tad
long, but the punchline is worth the wait.

Searching for what distinguishes him the most and it might be from his
intention to “create unusual visual experience while simultaneously retain
the identity of each subject matter recognizable.” Therefrom come many
unpredictable surprises.

See Fithi Abraham in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bvxqZJytHM

He studied art George Mason University.

While the Arlington Art Examiner pleads for bios and art statements from
artists yet, sometimes, an artist is so powerful with their work that they
can blow by formalities.

Here is a description from his new website.

“Fithi Abraham is the founder of a new art movement called evolutionism. In
a creative and an illusionistic manner, he paints or draws objects
evolving, transforming or embodying other objects. His artworks tend to be
creative and beautiful as well as inspirational and meaningful. Fithi also
enjoys painting commission based portraiture.

As an artist, he is constantly pushing the boundaries by challenging
himself to find new ways of connecting his subjects that would allow him to
seamlessly blend them together and consequently create something new. he
strives for highly creative and detailed works of art.

Because I believe everything is a manifestation of one thing, I find ways
to seamlessly connect two or more of my subject matter to gather, and
create unusual visual experience while simultaneously retain the identity
of each subject matter recognizable. This allows me to purposely break our
perception of ordinary things so that my audience can experience new worlds
filled with familiar objects."

Fithi is an Arlington, Virginia-based artist. His predominantly works with
acrylics and charcoals. his artworks have been featured in art galleries,
school art exhibits, restaurants and fundraising events. He also has done
numerous commissioned based artworks for private collections. In the near
future, Fithi plans to finish a series of artworks for his first solo show.”

http://www.fithiabraham.com/#!about/c240r

fithi.JPG
(image/jpeg attachment: fithi.JPG)