Ilgiornale.it: The Department of girls mummies burned in the den of smugglers

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 22:03:53 +0200
The burns unit is now crowded with these guys faces hidden by gauze, fire victims and captors mercilessly even before going to sea

Emanuela Fontana -
Mon, 11/05/2015 - 14:38

The fire ravaged their hands and their face, destroying the house in Libya where they were recluse before leaving for Italy.

Wrapped around the body, they have been afraid to remain disfigured forever. They do not want to appear too long in front of the camera, with the mummies feel sick face, often they ask to look in a mirror, because the room does not have surfaces on which to see their image reflected except glass window on the sea.

After three weeks in Italy, and Kidusan Trhas get up out of bed, the burning of the burns has slowed. Kidusan, Eritrea, has sixteen Trhas, Ethiopian, twenty.

They are admitted to Catania with four other young Eritreans, including three women.

The burns unit is now crowded with these guys faces hidden by gauze, fire victims and captors mercilessly even before going to sea.

The fire was caused by the explosion of a gas cylinder in the house on the Libyan coast where men "very violent," as they call the youth, had "locked". The flames died five people, among them a child. In the houses nearby were prisons-six hundred other refugees, still say the two girls, waiting to leave for Italy. They came two days before the great slaughter of the Mediterranean that killed eight hundred people in the Sicilian Channel. The fire has burned the skin of hands, neck and face of Kidusan and Thras, but the eyes are safe.

"My father - explains Kidusan - has paid two thousand euro for me to leave. Thousand euro from Eritrea to Libya, a thousand from Libya to Italy ". Speaks reasonable English, do not understand Italian, however, assures: "In Italy I would like to be a teacher '.

Eight days after the fire, his body burned, the girls were still embarked on a fishing boat by the men who held them captive. Kidusan whispers when he talks about the incident: "A doctor Eritrean has treated with a cream and we were fed with glucose". The journey was marked by cold and pain from burns. "Pain," evil, repeat both.

After two days at sea were rescued, with their traveling companions, the Italian coast guard.
Software Translation from Italian to English.