(AS)Eritrean Medhin: "I dream of being world champion in China"

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:40:20 +0000 (UTC)

http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/2015/03/26/atletismo/1427387549_551534.html

Medhin: "I dream of being world champion in China"

The Eritrean prefer harsh conditions: "How much water falls better for me if it rains so much that I have to run and swim at the same time much better ...".

ALBERTO CALLEJA
March 26, 2015
Teklemariam Medhin (Hazega, June 24, 1989) has won this season the last three crosses of the Spanish campaign (Lasarte, Italic and Elgoibar ) and has proven to be the best of those athletes have seen this season on the calendar ANOC .

The Eritrean is the sixth of eight children and the only one that runs "although I have a nephew that does and can become good." Most live in Paradise , Eritrean town of ironic name for a village that does not have a single paved road. There goes only to see his countrymen, because the training center of the best distance runners of his country is in the capital, Asmara , about 2400 meters altitude, where reap the benefits of altitude training.

Medhin, smile cross national calendar, takes several years spending most of the winter in Spain where trains orders Jerónimo Bravo and where, with just 20 wins prestigious succeeded in Lasarte and Alcobendas (2009) and a year Later in Atapuerca having achieved that 2010 a surprising silver medal at the World Cross held in Poland , in a race won by Joseph Ebuya.

Three years later, on the same circuit, but with snow and two degrees below zero output was also bronze in the World Cup: "the harsher the better for my conditions," says Medhin while dreaming up the single step the podium lacks in World Championship cross country "this year I will well so I feel as good as it was in 2010 and my dream is to be a world champion I hope the circuit.. China has mud and if it rains even better "

It will be difficult if you do, both water fall at the last cross of Italica in which Medhin overcame all rivals using his usual intelligence career, shielding from wind to deal the final blow to the last slope, in the hardest part of the circuit where his endless stride lengthened (measured 1.84 and weighs only 61 kilos) to stop their opponents breathless. Remembering outlines a new smile: "how much more water better for my fall, if it rains while I have to run and swim much better time. .. (laughs) "

Seven days before the Lasarte Circuit in San Sebastian where he also won it conformed perfectly to your desires: "Yes, there the floor was very good to me and I could make a good race." In Gipuzkoa racecourse was imposed on other great feeling of Spanish season, the Ugandan Timothy Toroitich, winner in Soria, Alcobendas, Venta de Baños and Amorebieta, "for me - says seriously Medhin. - another big favorites to China Apart added as big rivals "who won the trials in Kenya and Ethiopia. Any entity has to win on Saturday "

After Medhin collate cross the road and the track. The first will try to lose time in half marathon: "I run a spring Last year I did 1h 01 '.. 47 in Lisbon and want to be between 59 minutes and an hour. " After she run the last weekend of May increasingly prestigious 10,000 Eugene preparation for the World Championships in August in Beijing . The Eritrean was seventh in the ten kilometers of the last final Olympic in London but acknowledges that "on the track I lack terminal velocity. As I have options if long runs and that does not usually happen in the finals of the major championships"

After World Medhin admits he would debut in the marathon and particularly on a site: "I wish it was in November in Valencia , if they wanted to tell me if you can not be, I expect the next marathon. Dubai ". Plans are one of the favorites for the World Cup.

http://as01.epimg.net/masdeporte/imagenes/2015/03/26/atletismo/1427387549_551534_1427387955_noticia_normal.jpg
(Software Translasion)