(Radio Algérienne)Eritrean runner Tesfatsion Mehari, Tuesday won the second stage of international cycling Tour de Setif sixth round of GTAC 2015

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:56:51 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.radioalgerie.dz/news/fr/article/20150317/33941.html

GTAC - International Tour de Setif (Step 2): the Eritrean winner
Tesfatsion, Baz still in yellow

17/03/2015 - 5:10 p.m.

The Eritrean runner Tesfatsion Mehari, Tuesday won the second stage of international cycling Tour de Setif sixth round of GTAC 2015. For his part, the Algerian Nabil Baz Club Sovac winner yesterday, managed to keep his yellow jersey leader.

Following a disputed stage between Setif Setif-Dehamcha-a distance of 112.4 km, the Eritrean clocked in 2:35: 52 ahead of his teammate, Amanuel Ghebreigbhi (2:35: 52), while the Third place went to Rwanda, Usengimana Jean Bosc (2:37: 39).

Nabil Baz, winner Monday of the first stage, kept the yellow jersey as leader of the best sprinter and red, while the polka dot jersey of best climber returned to Eritrea Amanuel Ghebreigbhi. For its part, the white jersey of best hope remains on the shoulders of the Algerian Abderrahmane Mansouri, Club Sovac.

>From the 12th kilometer of the second day of the International Tour Setif, Algeria's Oil GS racer, Boualem Belmokhtar and the Syrian Nazir Jasser, took the lead in the race, relegating the squad over two minutes.

Both riders ran together, but on arriving at the first difficulty of this stage, located Dehamcha (col 1st category), this leading duo has been restarted with the Eritreans and Tesfatsion Ghebreigzbhi and the Usengimana Rwandans.

In this six-kilometer climb, the peloton exploded into small groups of three to four riders, without coming to join the leading trio who took up to three minutes ahead of the pursuers.

The leading trio traveled together the common Fouda Ain, Ain-el-Kebira but at the foot of the rise of Ourissia second difficulty of step (col category 2), the two Eritreans detached from Rwandans who could not keep pace with his breakaway companions.

The arrival in Setif finally played at sprint duo, but the last word went to Tesfatsion Mehari. "We have prepared very well this stage characterized by two very difficult passes. We chose the Dehamcha neck to return to head the escapees. I thank my team-mate who helped me for the final victory. Tomorrow's stage ( Wednesday) will be decisive for the yellow jersey, "said the winner.

The third stage of Setif International Tour will take place Wednesday between El Eulma- Setif Setif, a distance of 115.5 km.

(Software translation)