(Quotidiano.net)Migrants, new massacre in the Mediterranean. The EU: "Collaborating with dictators to manage the phenomenon"

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:47:15 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.quotidiano.net/immigrati-gommone-rovesciato-1.728302

Migrants, new massacre in the Mediterranean. The EU: "Collaborating with dictators to manage the phenomenon"

And 'success in the Strait of Sicily. A total of 941 migrants rescued by the Coast Guard, in less than 24 hours. Altogether were rescued five rafts and two barges loaded with migrants

Palermo, March 4, 2015 - A boat load of immigrants capsized in the Sicilian Channel . Ten bodies were fished out by the crew of the ship "Dattilo" Guard will cost, who is carrying them in the port of Augusta (Syracuse), together with 500 refugees rescued in another rescue operation. Another 200 foreigners were rescued by an oil tanker that is direct in Pozzallo (Ragusa). Part of the 500 people on board the "Dattilo" - 121 to be precise - were on the boat that overturned, the other on a second raft reached by 'units of the Coast Guard. Simultaneously, the operations room of the general command of the Harbour has diverted to the rescue of a third boat with 200 immigrants on board the tanker which was then addressed in Pozzallo. Augusta has already been prepared by the police the device for the landing of corpses and survivors.

A total of 941 migrants rescued in the Channel of Sicily by the Coast Guard, in less than 24 hours. Altogether were rescued five rafts and two barges loaded with migrants , the so-called origin Syrian, Palestinian, Tunisian, Libyan and sub-Saharan Africa. Among those rescued more than 30 children and more than 50 women, including one pregnant for which was required the urgent medical evacuation with a 300 class patrol boat of the Coast Guard of Lampedusa.

ACCELERATE THE EU: "COLLABORATE WITH DICTATORS" - The new tragedies in the Mediterranean have heightened the sense of emergency by the EU that has "decided to accelerate Agenda European Migration" anticipating from July to mid-May. This was reported by the first vice president of the EU Commission Frans Timmermans argument that "immigration is a problem that affects everyone, no longer Mare Nostrum but our Europe". The Commissioner immigration Dimitris Avramopoulos said "enough with the politics of blame." "Frontex - adds - not the EU border guard, if we want a system of border guards must create it."

The mission statement of the European Commission output at this time is bound to provoke controversy: the EU must cooperate with the dictatorial regimes to deal with the phenomenon of immigration, combat traffickers and "better protect" its borders. "The debate is was quite turned on, "admitted Vice President Frans Timmermans during the joint press conference with Avramopoulos who for his part said:" We must not be naive. The fact that we cooperate in the processes of Khartoum and Rabat ... with regimes dictatorial not mean that legitimize them. We do not offer any democratic legitimacy and policy of such schemes, but we must cooperate where we decided to fight against trafficking in human beings. "

The process of Khartoum was launched last November in Rome by the 28 EU Member States with Libya, Egypt, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya and Tunisia, that the countries of origin and transit along the migration route of the so-called Horn of Africa. The Rabat process has been in place since 2006 and involves countries dell`Africa western and central Mediterranean. "We can not ignore the fact that some countries do not allow me to name them, are the source of our problems and we have to call them to face their responsibilities, "said Avramopoulos

 (Software translation)