(GoFundMe) Project Orotta

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 20:49:34 -0400

http://www.gofundme.com/qy3u9nk

Project Orotta

Our goal is simple: To galvanize Eritreans all over the world for a
worthy cause. Our students at colleges across Eritrea have requested
our assistance in obtaining much needed educational technology
equipment such as laptops, e-readers, overhead projectors and
printers. All proceeds gained from Project Orotta's fundraising events
will be used to purchase equipment from the U.S. then shipped to
Eritrea. Our previous fundraising efforts were a resounding success.
Eritrean-Americans across the U.S. in Seattle, Washington D.C., Dallas
and Houston worked tirelessly to raise over $36,000. Let's do it
bigger this time. Join the movement! Together, we can make a
difference. We're not interested in politics. We're only interested in
helping our students achieve their fullest potential.

Below is a summary posted on shabait.com.

http://shabait.com/news/local-news/14880-youth-nationals-residing-in-usa-extend-educational-facilities-to-orotta-medical-school

"Youth nationals residing in USA extend educational facilities to
Orotta Medical School

Asmara, 08 October 2013 – A number of youth nationals residing in the
US cities of Washington DC, Seattle, Dallas, Houston and Texas have
extended educational facilities worth USD 36,000 to Orotta Medical
School. The support includes a photocopier, copier inks, laptops and
LCD power projectors that were raised from various Eritrean
organizations abroad over the past 2 years.

In a letter they sent to the Medical School, the youths indicated that
the role of the Eritrean Embassy, Eritrean community members and the
YPFDJ in North America has become significant in this regard.

Prof. Andemariam Gebremichael, Dean of Orotta Medical School, noted
the importance of such facilities in lecture delivery and other
activities, and pointed out that every classroom would have its own
LCD projector. He further lauded the initiative taken by the youths,
and said that it attests to their living attachment with the
Homeland."