Government Brutality Sparks Eritrean Exodus, U.N. Report Says

From: Rebecca Ribka Emmanuel <remmanuelr_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:27:20 -0400

[image: Tsegai Emmanuel]
<http://online.wsj.com/user/profile/public/E1_Y7ZMTGujcjV3cJrpM6rTJA%3D%3D_E1>
Tsegai Emmanuel
<http://online.wsj.com/user/profile/public/E1_Y7ZMTGujcjV3cJrpM6rTJA%3D%3D_E1>
5ptssubscriberFeatured
3 days ago

The first task of the UN commission should be to honor and enforce the
Algiers Peace Agreement on border demarcation between Eritrea and Ethiopia
 signed under the UN/ OAU auspices.

Secondly, the UN Reporter need to do due diligence on the report. How many
of those 5000 persons migrating are Ethiopians? Thirdly , the Eritrean
refugees are mostly economic refugees like the Nigerians and Ethiopians
etc. looking for economic opportunities abroad.Eritrea has done excellent
in literacy and heath services. Fourthly, some are trying to avoid the
national service or draft being a little long just like the American draft
dodgers going to Canada during the Vietnam War. Because the US has the
largest prisoners in the world does not mean the US is an autocratic state.

I hope President Obama will find a lasting peace between Eritrea and
Ethiopia by inviting the two leaders to Camp David and resolve the issues
before he leaves his office. I am very glad that he brought Cuba closer to
the US.