‘Let the Sun Shine…’Adal voice of Eritrean's...

From: Aklilu Abraham <adalvoice_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:03:00 +0100

By Mela Ghebremedhin

Deep thoughts while I am chilling out on the terrace of Gurgusum beach, in
Massawa, and looking at the kids playing in the water under this sun, which
hits you already at 7 in the morning. Here I am, talking with my friends,
who are engineers and working on installing solar power in the port city.
All I knew about solar energy is that we have plenty of sunshine in Eritrea
and that it could be our main source of electricity supply. As I bombarded
my friends with lots of questions on solar energy – hoping from capital
expenditure costs to local operational know-how of the technology – I
became more interested in looking at our current consumption, the latent
potential, and, where we are now compared to the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa.

The vast continent, which could be selfsufficient in energy, still remains
the least developed one. With a growing population accounting for about 13%
of the world’s population, only 4% of its energy demand is met (OECD; IEA,
2014) through the combination of all power generating methods.....Continue
Reading go to https://adalvoice.wordpress.com/

​

ljyKKmDDjSx3.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: ljyKKmDDjSx3.jpg)