Response to Is Eritrea Foe or Friend to Ethiopia?

From: A. Makonnen <eyeru_a_at_centurylink.net_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 14:27:25 -0700

Response to Is Eritrea Foe or Friend to Ethiopia?

The article is excellent and commendable which I believe might have been written by a person who has a good heart & aspiration. In the article the writer states as follows " Eritreans are the only people who could stand with their Ethiopian brothers against the ruthless and savage group of TPLF gangs". Honestly, on the part of Eritrea this is absolutely true and it is obvious for all to see that the TPLF day of reckoning is approaching fast, yet Eritrea is a nation of rule & law and let alone with our closest kin Ethiopian we will stand with any people who are deprived of justice and their God given human rights, but not for the reason you stated, that is to irritate TPLF. Here is also another paragraph I would like to comment on. you stated "I am sure after the TPLF era both countries would be able to live with peaceful coexistence including established common market, dual citizenship, using the port for both and citizens of both countries be able to establish business in anywhere inside both countries with any limitation and also travel without an pass or travel document in both countries. I think both Ethiopians and Eritreans have clearly recognized their enemy and hopeful their future approach and relationship would be genuine" This is really wonderful and rest assured that the government and Eritreans will no doubt agree with you 100%. But for me and for many Eritreans, though our dream & aspiration is no less than you stated, yet there is something very important & serious that has to change on the part of Ethiopia for these all wonderful and rosy things to happen in both country simultaneously .

 Here below is video that will make crystal clear what is the matter that need to change. I created these videos for a good cause. Yes I am in advance very well aware that many may laugh at me when I say I created it for a good cause, because anyone who looked at it with a closed mind will no doubt automatically thinks that I am evil and created it for evil purpose. No! No! & No!. Again I say I created it for a good cause of bringing Ethiopian & Eritrean closer once for all time. If there is anyone who dream & aspire wholeheartedly of bringing these two nations and people closer forever, then I dare say that there is none who dream and aspire more than I do. However, I do not dream & aspire as idealist but rather as realist. It is therefore imperative that on the Ethiopian side there is a very serious matter that has to change in order to establish a true & real relationship that will last long, not only that but even there could a possibility of integration at the end of the tunnel. This integration I am mentioning about is not like the buzzword that the European has recently come up with, that is integration by coercion & intimidation. (read the article posted by Tesfanews titled "(Opinion) Eritrea - Paths Out of Isolation By Annette Weber") Do you know who this woman is. She has worked and is still working for a host of international firm who has nothing good of Eritrea. She worked with all Humanitarian organizations and I suspect with all NGO, German, US & Britain NGO. Here is a link http://www.epd.uji.es/web/comun/archivos/cv/cv_annetteweber.pdf

 The integration I dream and aspire is not like this woman has reported, namely integration by blackmailing & intimidating with all host of crimes that enable her to name Eritrea as regional spoiler. My dream is an integration founded on a kinship, real & honest mutual trust & mutual benefit strictly honoring & respecting each other as a sovereign nations. For this to happen I would like to reiterate that there is one thing that is absolutely required to change on the part of Ethiopia. I think I have to stop here and let you watch with an open mind & make your won judgment. I would like to point out on Part 1 I have briefly explained the real purpose of creating this video of two parts. Here is Part 2, on the top left hand side of each frame there is a link that allow you to swap from Part 1 to part 2 and vise versa

Here is the link for the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zVV0A9UfVc

Eritrea_foe_or_enemy.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Eritrea_foe_or_enemy.jpg)