Shabait.com: French groupe de musique for one day performance in Eritrea

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:05:53 +0200

<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/17871-french-groupe-de-musique-for-on
e-day-tour-to-eritrea> French groupe de musique for one day performance in
Eritrea

Written by Yishak Yared

Friday, 19 September 2014 06:41 |

http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/fruit/abc-sep-19-article-qa.jpg The
group is three man music band from France. Three music band is unusual in
the world of music for most bands have a total of four of five members.
However, there is that rare instance where only 3 people get together and
are able to create some amazing tunes. These are what I consider to be some
of the best bands that only had three members. They are not crowded with
lots of instrument and easy to travel and perform without taking a bunch of
time tuning their instruments.

This is only for an introduction of some thought of music bands with very
few members and their advantages. On Wednesday, 17th of September, a three
man music band from France came to Eritrea in sponsored by the Alliance
Francaise and the PFDJ Cultural Affairs. They performed their music on the
17th of September at the Cinema Roma. The name of the band is CAB
representing the nationalities of the members. C - stands for Caribbean, A
-for Africa and B- for Brazil. The three members are from the three
continents. The pianist Mario Canonge is from the Caribbean, Blick Bassy,
the vocalist and guitarist from Cameroon while Adriano Tenorio from Brazil.
The fourth supporting member of the group is sound engineer, Clement
Cornuvan. The sound engineer adds the fourth continent to the music band,
Europe. Due to language barrier I have been confined to talk about the
formation of the band with the sound technician Mr. Clement and with some
assistance for the Director of Alliance Francaise, Ms. Ceute Antonietti.

Q:-Could you tell me please why you are in Eritrea?

We are here at an invitation from the PFDJ Cultural Affairs and Alliance
Francaise office in Eritrea and as part of our African tour.

Q:-Which countries in Africa are you to visit?

We have a program to perform in several African countries including Uganda,
Djibouti, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Kenya.

Q:-Is this your first time to come to Africa?

No, I myself have been to once to Egypt. Blick Bassy is an African born in
Cameroon and the rest are for the first time in Africa.

Q:-When was your music band established and why from different parts of the
world?

The music band has been established in 2012. The combination is partly just
it happened that Mario and Blick now each other in Paris. They have been
playing together and they decided to form the band and they included Adriano
as a musician and me as a sound engineer. That is how the band has been
formed. And the outcome and performance has been found promising and we go
on working together.

Q:-Why did you choose to have only three members?

There are a lot music bands established by three people. We are part of
them. And a piano, percussion and guitar are enough to perform good music.

Q:-How did you find Eritrea?

I, in my part, have never heard of Eritrea. And I think it is true of the
rest of the members. With our first experience we are fascinated by the
beauty cleanliness of the city, hospitability of the people, the audience is
fascinating. We are also grateful to Dehab Faytinga, the Eritrean renowned
artist, for her hospitality, she invited us to her house. And we are looking
forward to come again to Eritrea and experience more about the people, the
culture and history of the country which I think is unique. Even though we
have been here for only three days we are really impressed from what we have
observed in Asmara. From my initial observation I could say that you are
good people.

Good luck!

Thank you very much!

image001.jpg