Madote.com: Ethiopia: Lies and deceit as statecraft

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:41:10 +0200

 <http://www.madote.com/2014/09/ethiopia-lies-and-deceit-as-statecraft.html>
Ethiopia: Lies and deceit as statecraft

By Hillal,

Sep 10, 2014 | 9:59 PM

Starting from the history of its origin to its present day political
machinations and shenanigans, lies and deceit seems to be second nature to
the Ethiopian ruling class and elites. I am not an intellectual and I don't
want to pretend to be one here. But, I do strongly believe that
intellectuals are the eyes, ears, mind and conscience of a nation.

Intellectuals have the ability to define us as a people and nation - our
hopes and fears, dreams and aspirations, successes and failures, agonies and
ecstasies, values and beliefs and much more. They have the responsibility
and obligation to educate and enlighten us by separating the truth from the
lies, deceit and misinformation of the government's massive propaganda
machine.

The Ethiopian elites seem to process none of these noble qualities. They
lack the wisdom and sophistication to hear to the heartbeats of their
people. The pain and misery of their people seems to be none of their
primary concerns. Self-promotion and self-aggrandizement are their main
fortes. Opportunism and bending and kneeling to fatten their deep pockets
are their main preoccupations.

Who in the right frame of mind would not abhor and denounce the war crimes
and crimes against humanity committed against the peoples of Eritrea in the
name of the Ethiopian peoples. Their deafening silence to the ongoing
genocide and massacre of the Ogadenis, Oromos and Gambelans is astounding .
There are not enough words to express the nature of their inhumane mindset
or madness when they celebrated the start of the Weyanne's war of aggression
against Eritrea.

It's hard to understand the logic behind the clarion call for action for a
mere 800 meters of a land path of Badme and mute reaction to the handing of
600,000 square kilometers of fertile Amhara land , the size of Belgium, to
the Sudan as a guarantee to the Abbay Tigray of the future.

A sick and twisted mindset is the only reason for the two ethnic
supremacists and war criminals, Seye Abraham and Gebru Asrat, to be given a
red carpet treatment and treated like celebrities in the west.

The comatose Ethiopian elites with their fossilized brains are unable to
free themselves from their medieval mindsets - a mindset intoxicated with
never ending desire for occupation and expansion, ethnic supremacist
outlooks and religious fanatical beliefs. Their never ending political
squabbles for cheap political scores and gains are hindering an honest
political discourse to save the nation from its present day malaise.

Their habitual cut and paste repetitive and nauseating articles and essays
are reflections of their political bankruptcy and intellectual dishonesty.
They failed miserably in educating and enlightening the masses and instead
are busy sowing the seeds of disunity division, discord, hatred and
mistrust. They don't even a have a clear understanding of what the future of
Ethiopia should be.

Leaving the Eritrean stinking political corpses which are a disgrace to the
Eritrean experience and are handpicked to serve the enemies and detractors
of Eritrea, one of the crown achievements of the Eritrean experience is the
creation of a revolutionary culture in which safeguarding Eritrea and its
people is the primary objective of all Eritreans without exception.
Defending Eritrean sovereignty and upholding its independence and the
building of the Eritrea of our dreams and worthy of our martyr's sacrifices
are in our blood and part of our national psyche.

Self-promotion and self-aggrandizement are taboos in the Shaebia
revolutionary culture. Leadership is an obligation and not a privilege.
Eritrean leaders are the historical products of the protracted armed
struggle and the Eritrean experience. They live with and around the masses
and have the ability to hear to the heart beats of the Eritrean masses.

Truth, honesty and fairness are some of the indispensable Shaebia traits.
Eritrea and Shaebia are always on the right side of history, justice and
truth. In fact, the Eritrean experience as a just cause can be summarized in
a nutshell as the quest for truth and justice. With truth, justice and
history on our side, the march to build a free, united, democratic, dynamic,
vibrant, assertive and self-reliant Eritrea is a fait accompli.

Now to the here we go again moment! Sheik Elias is acting like the Sheik Al
Amoudi, the "azmari" Solomon Tekalign and the Gestapo Chief Bereket Simon
combined in one. It wasn't long ago when the Al Amoudi, Solomon Tekalign and
Bereket Simon were on the receiving end of the Sheik Elias temper tantrums.

Now, it seems the tables are turned over. Sheik Elias as the sole owner of
ER makes him the financier and chief warden of the cesspool of ethnic
contamination website. His arrogance and power hungry character makes him an
Al Amoudi wanna be with his own interpretation of reality. His flip flopping
nature makes him a true disciple of Solomon Tekalign - I hope this isn't a
noble Amhara trait. Last but not least, his fairy tale stories full of
innuendos, fabrications, lies and deceit and hatred of anything Eritrean
makes him an evil twin of the Ethiopian propaganda tsar, Breket Simon.

The sad tragedy here is that it's clearly evident that intellectual
dishonesty is second nature to the Ethiopian elites. In fact, in the
Ethiopian order of things lies and deceit are perfected and are part of the
Ethiopian statecraft.

For the good of Ethiopia and its proud people, the sooner the comatose
Ethiopian elites abandon their medieval concepts of expansion, ethnic
supremacy and religious fanaticism the better. And, for those that are
politically unsophisticated amateurs and novices, it's a must and essential
to make them understand fully that the good of Eritrea Is good for Ethiopia
And vice versa.