(Ethiomedia.com) Ginbot 7 discards Ethiopian Review Report as "false and fabricated"

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 21:25:57 -0400

http://www.ethiomedia.com/aug14/4096.html​

Ginbot 7 discards ER Report as "false and fabricated"
Ethiomedia
September 9, 2014
________________________________
________________________________
SEATTLE - A report published by Ethiopian Review that implicates Eritrea in
the abduction of Andargachew Tsege is absolutely "false and fabricated," a
top Ginbot 7 leader told Ethiomedia by phone on Tuesday.

Neamin Zeleke, executive committee member of Ginbot 7, dismissed Ethiopian
Review's Report line by line, regretting why the ER editor in the first
place never asked anyone of Ginbot 7's leaders for their views in what the
editor called an investigative report.

"Whatever said in that report is pure fiction," a resentful Neamin Zeleke
said, wondering if ER had an "ax to grind by publishing a fictitious story.

Asked whether Dr Berhanu Nega and Andargachew Tsege had that much polarized
differences on Eritrea as reported by ER, Neamin said, "Absolutely no!
Elias Kifle could have talked to anyone of us but he didn't. Instead, he
wrote a fiction out of his own fantasy, which regrettably hurts the
struggle we all of us try to promote and bring about the reign of democrayc
and justice in Ethiopia."

Neamin also regretted that ER's fiction appeared on Ethiomedia, which he
described as 'credible news source.'

In an emailed message, Neamin wrote:

"Despite differences on some issues, as a responsible media, we have
expectation from Ethiomedia to counter-check the veracity of ER’s ludicrous
fiction before reprinting it on its site. ER is interested in concocting
fabricated stories instead of reporting the truth and presenting the actual
facts. In this case about G7, its leadership, Andargachew , and the
circumstances of his abduction from Yemen, who did what and the chronology
of the events before and after his abduction by the Woayne Mafia."

On the side of Ethiomedia, we are trying to reach out to Elias Kifle,
editor and publisher of Ethiopian Review, and seek his responses to some
outstanding questions related to the story that Ginbot 7 has labeled as
'false.'