Africaw.com: How Illiteracy and Ignorance destroy Africa

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 23:27:22 +0200

 <http://www.africaw.com/how-illiteracy-and-ignorance-destroy-africa> How
Illiteracy and Ignorance destroy Africa

07.09.2014

My great grandfather had no clock but he was always on time why because he
could tell the time just by looking at the position of the sun. My great
grandfather could tell the time just by listening to the sound of birds and
even the croaking voices of frogs. My great grandfather could see even with
his eyes closed. It is a huge mistake to refer to such a man as an
illiterate. Most of us the so-called educated men and women of the world
today, have clocks in our homes. Some of us even carry wrist watches and
cell phones with us yet we are almost always late.

A stupid man is far more dangerous than an atomic bomb. A wise man fears not
the weapons of mass destruction but the stupid men operating those weapons.
Stupidity is worse than a nuclear weapon. Stupidity is worse than all the
weapons on earth put together. Stupidity is the main reason why some of us
lock our doors and sometimes place short guns beside our beds. Stupidity is
the main reason why some of us live in fear. My grandfather once said, "what
an elder (a wise man) sees while sitting, a child (or a foolish man) can
never see even if he (the child or the foolish man) climbs the tallest
mountain in the universe".

 Some of us the so-called educated people of the world think we know almost
everything and we try to prove ourselves almost all the time but the sad
thing is that, it always comes down to one thing. We know nothing at all.
Some of us think we have sharp eyes yet we light candles and light-bulbs
anytime the sun goes down.

Someone made it very clear online a few days ago that religion is the cause
of all the problems we face today in the world and he was right why because
religion today is full of nothing but stupidity. The so-called leaders of
the world use religion as a tool to control the masses and the sad thing is
that, we the stupid men and women of today continue to follow them like
Mary's little lambs.

Right now, innocent people including innocent women and children are dying
in Northern Nigeria. Right now, innocent babies are crying out for help and
innocent but weak grandmothers and fathers are crying out to death to come
take them why because they are sick and tired of running away from stupid
men all the days of their lives. The terrorist group by name Boko Haram
which means "western education is evil" is happy and ready to kill more
innocent people for Allah. As their name implies, quality education
including peace and tolerance is a sin in this group and they believe they
are killing for Allah and his holy Prophet. This is just an example of how
illiteracy destroys our beloved continent Africa.

Boko Haram is an Islamic extremist group and their mission is to destroy
every formally educated man why because western education according to what
the holy Prophet taught them is evil and must be destroyed. They celebrate
anytime an innocent falls why because they believe they are eliminating all
the infidels especially Christians for Allah.

Northern Nigeria (the Islam dominant region of Nigeria) is the poorest part
of Nigeria with just few schools and hospitals. Illiteracy is very high in
this part of Nigeria yet this group Boko Haram is busy destroying the few
schools and hospitals and they believe they are doing it for Allah. This is
how stupidity destroys Africa.

Many Africans are beginning to see the light. Some parts of Africa are doing
great. Some parts have already seen the light and some are seeing the light
(take a country like Ghana for example) and I pray many more continue to see
the light.

wise-old-man

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)