Shabait.com: "Vision is what is needed for success in all endeavors"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 13:34:02 +0200

<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/17794-vision-is-what-is-needed-for-su
ccess-in-all-endeavors> "Vision is what is needed for success in all
endeavors"

Sunday, 07September 2014 02:32 | Written by Yishak Yared |

http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/fruit/abc-sep-5-articles-qa.jpgI met
Abraham Zerizgi Teklezghi at the expo compound when I have been there to
visit the village of innovation organized in connection with the National
Eritrean Festival 2014. I have been captivated by the talents of the many
youths that displayed their innovative items and Abraham has been one of the
organizers. And I decided to have an interview with him with regards his
past achievements and his responsibility in organizing such and exposition.

Q:-Tel me who Abraham Zerizghi is?

My name is Abraham Zerizghi Teklezghi. I was born in 1969 in Asmara. I took
my elementary education, to 4th grade at Godaif elementary school. And in
1983, I was a kid, I went to the field and joined the Revolution School at
Zero (Zero is the name of the school). I have been there until 1983.

Q:-Where did you go after that?

The EPLF had different workshops in the field through which it had been
producing many items that have been essential for the revolution. And I got
the chance of joining at the Electronics School. I learned there for about
six years as a student and practicing what I learned through practice.

Q:-Go on.

>From that I was assigned to one of the EPLF units behind the front line and
later after independence until 1994 as a radio communication. In 1995 I
joined the Port Authority in Massawa as an electronics and communication
expert. And in 1997 I got the opportunity to go to Germany for higher
training in Electrical and Electronics Plants Installation and Maintenance.

Q:-Where did you go after you came back from Germany?

At the time I came back from Germany in 1999, our country has been at war to
safeguard the country from the TPLF's war of aggression. And as any Eritrean
I had to contribute my part. I joined the Eritrean Defense Forces staff of
communication and contributed my part. After completing my assignment I
joined the Eritrean Telecommunications Authority with the Radio Transmission
Engineering section.

Q:-How long did you stay there?

For few Years. In 2012 I joined the Ministry of Transportation and
Communication department of Information, Communication and Navigation
Technology (ICNT). My area of involvement in the Ministry is working in
networking, providing advice in quality of electronics devices,
installation. I also participate in conducting research on the kind of
technology we need to introduce.

Q:-Well! Besides your daily activities at the Ministry what extra job do you
engage in?

I maintain and install electronics devices and provide advice with regards
kinds of technology products one needs to introduce.

Q:-I met you at the Expo Compound at the innovation center. What was your
part there?

Every year such innovation products are displayed at the Expo in connection
with the yearly festivals. Every year people come and visit them, and give
their feed backs. Next year new items are exhibited. No one remembers or
asks of where about the items that have been exhibited then. We don't want
to repeat that. We are organizing a committee that provides advice to the
youngsters who are involved in innovation activities.

Q:-How do you do that?

We stay with them, identify their talent and provide them with advice on
what they could do to develop their products so that the society could be
beneficiary. One could produce an item of interest and if that is not
developed and become household item of the society there is no use of
starting it. And our objective is that these youngsters should be encouraged
so that they develop their talent and produce more and quality items for the
daily use of the society.

Q:-What kind of innovations do you want to encourage?

Not all innovations are useful for the society to obtain. But there are some
that are essential, if developed, in improving the livelihood of the society
and environmental protection. Items like the electrical oven, an automotive
that work with diesel, producing energy from waste are some that have been
displayed at the expo that are essential if developed.

Q:-What is your future plan?

I want to participate in activities that could make our youth active in all
aspects of life, especially in innovation activities. The youth should not
remain held by the electronic devices that produce western songs and films.
It is good that they listen and watch that. But they should not remain
hostages. There are lots of activities that we need to do to develop our
country and it is with the participation of the youth that we could attain
that. I want to participate in this noble activity. I want to teach the
youth that if there is vision success is inevitable.

Q:-I wish you all the best!

Thank you!

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)