(Community, Oakland) Passion Stirs: 23rd Independence Celebration in the West Coast

From: Dehai <dehaihager_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 20:35:53 -0400

Please see attachment below for PDF format.

ERITREAN 23RD INDEPENDENCE CEREMONY
PASSION STIRS IN THE WEST COAST
May 24th, 2014

The Eritrean 23rd independence celebration in the Bay Area, California is
underway with vigor and passion. The ECCCC hall in Oakland is filled to
capacity with Eritreans colorfully adorned with cultural clothes glorifying
the very sacred May 24th Independence Day with zeal.

This very magic day is not transient in time. Indeed it always will remain
in our memories for years to come. Because, the 23rd Independence has some
magnetism to it. Obviously the year has started with news of successful
development from within Eritrea. For the Bay Area residents, it is all
special because this is the first independence celebration held in the new
ECCCC hall located in the heart of Oakland, California.

Selam Band from Seattle, Helen Paulos from Eritrea and Temesgen Berhane
(Bazigar) from Washington DC rocked the building with vigor. All night long.

All the hoopla the Bay Area Eritreans confronted thus far bore fruits and
the Bay Area stands tall in pride.

Eritrea and Eritreans are once more telling the world that, they are
masters of their destiny in all aspects. With that, we sing an eternal
glory to our Martyrs, we salute our EDF forces and we thank our Government
in Eritrea for carrying the vision.

Happy 23rd Independence Day
Oakland PFDJ-2 Chapter