Will you take 30 Second of your time to Sign Petition - Make your Voice heard the unjust the Canadians of Eritrean Origin and Facing Discrimination

From: Kibrom Yesefah <yesefah.kibrom_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:33:58 -0400

Hello!

we've started the petition "This petition will be delivered to:
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada
The Honourable Christopher Alexander
Parliament Hill Office -House of Commons
Mr. Scott Reid
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International trade
The Honorable John Baird
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada > Eastern & Southern Africa
Relations
Karen Mcarthur
The Honourable Shelly Glover -Minister of Canadian Heritage

: Make your voice heard by signing this Petition" and need your help to get
it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now Deki Erey The Can Do people?
Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-honorable-john-baird-make-your-voice-heard-by-signing-this-petition
<http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-honorable-john-baird-make-your-voice-heard-by-signing-this-petition?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_lonely>

Here's why it's important:

*The absurdity of the complaints is simply ridiculous. The consulate is not
contacting any of these individuals and soliciting funds for 2% or
otherwise. If any individual voluntarily contacts the Consulate and
inquires on his/her requirements for receiving benefits or services as an
Eritrean citizen, the consulate has no choice but to inform them of the
requirements and direct them on how they can fulfill these requirements.
How in the world can this be considered ‘extortion’ and ‘intimidation’?*

* As a Canadian of Eritrean origin I would like to bring to your
attention that the recent articles on the National Post and CBC regarding
the collection of a 2% tax by the Eritrean Consulate in Toronto do not
reflect my views and experiences. The consulate has been providing
essential services for many years that have helped me maintain my link with
my country of origin and access valuable public service. They also allow me
to help my family in Eritrea and contribute to the development of my
ancestral homeland.*

*I am signing this petition to bring to your attention that at no material
time have I felt threatened, harassed by the staff of the Consulate of the
Eritrean Embassy in Toronto. Closing the consulate would force me and my
family to spend more time and money to get the same services at an Eritrean
diplomatic office located in the United State. I want the Canadian
government to take our needs and consideration into account when it
conducts its investigations and makes a decision with regard to the
Eritrean Consulate.*