Webapps.Aljazeera.net: The Dark Side Of The Italian Tomato ("an Example of sheer and shameless exploitation"-mine)

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:05:14 +0200

http://webapps.aljazeera.net/aje/custom/2014/italiantomato/img/logo.jpg

See the original Text and Graphics:

http://webapps.aljazeera.net/aje/custom/2014/italiantomato/index.html

Watch the following Video link:

<http://webapps.aljazeera.net/aje/custom/2014/italiantomato/video/total_intr
o.mp4>
http://webapps.aljazeera.net/aje/custom/2014/italiantomato/video/total_intro
.mp4

Mathilde Auvillain, Stefano Liberti

Research and Data: Jacopo Ottaviani
Photography: Mario Poeta
Design and Development: Isacco Chiaf

28.6.2014

  _____

Prince Bony never thought that he would travel across the desert and the sea
only to find himself doing the same work that he used to do back home.
Sitting in front of an abandoned farmhouse, a vestige of agrarian reform, he
looks out upon the horizon and reflects on his life. Prince shares this
makeshift home with a dozen other Ghanaian seasonal workers. Without papers,
without money, without prospects, they have found refuge here in the open
countryside, in this cluster of ruins that ironically bears the name “Borgo
Libertà” (Liberty Borgo).

http://webapps.aljazeera.net/aje/custom/2014/italiantomato/img/caption_princ
e.jpg"In Ghana, they called me Kofi America, because I always yearned to
travel. I wanted to conquer the world!"

Prince Bony - Ghanaian Worker…………………

………..Read it further in PDF below………..

image005.jpg