Eritreans in New Orleans and its environs commemorated Martyrs Day

From: biniam tsegai <bnmtsg1_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 04:38:36 -0500

Saturday June 21, 2014

New Orleans, LA

*Eritreans in New Orleans and its environs commemorated Martyrs Day*

Eritreans gathered to honor Martyrs Day on Friday June 20th at New Orleans
City Park. The program began with a moment of silence in memory of all
those who sacrificed their lives for Eritrea’s liberty and sovereignty. The
program included singing, poetry reading and speeches.

Various national songs and songs from the liberation struggle era alongside
poems which demonstrated the transfer of our values as a heritage to the
new generation raised the emotion of participants.

During the ceremony program, Dr. Sebahtu read an essay titled “ Sene 20,
ትርጉም 20 ሰነ” which described the precious gift our martyr’s imparted to all
Eritreans.

The several activities of the event in general made Martyrs Day an even
more memorable day.

The day’s activities ended with the singing of the Eritrean National Anthem.

Eternal Glory to our martyrs!
Victory to the masses!

martyrs_day_june20_nola.png
(image/png attachment: martyrs_day_june20_nola.png)