(FVN)Government wants return agreement with Eritrea

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:21:58 -0700

http://www.fvn.no/nyheter/innenriks/Regjeringen-vil-ha-returavtale-med-Eritrea-2625111.html#.U6LGf5R_uhB

Government wants return agreement with Eritrea

Oslo (NTB): The government is in talks with Eritrea to discuss the return agreement with the authorities.

Secretary Himanshu Gulati (FRP) in the Ministry of Justice and Public Security recently returned from a trip to Eritrea, where he held meetings with the authorities.

- I have had several meetings with the Government of Eritrea return issue. Eritreans are currently the largest group of asylum seekers to Norway and we have over 500 outbound mandatory Eritreans in Norwegian asylum centers. It is important to have good mechanisms to return these, says Gulati to class struggle.

He said that it is a priority for the government to achieve repatriation agreements with many countries as possible. No agreement with Eritrea is ready yet, but talks will continue.

- I was made very welcome, experienced a positive attitude and had constructive talks. We will continue with new calls in the near future, says Gulati.

According to the UN, there is great risk of imprisonment, torture and disappearances of asylum seekers returned to Eritrea. The Government will therefore criticism from both the left and asylum seekers' interest group NOAS (Norwegian Organization for Asylum Seekers).(Software translation)
        *