Siliconafrica.com: Where Are the African Men?

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:25:16 +0200

Where Are the African Men?

By: <http://www.siliconafrica.com/author/admin/> Mawuna Remarque KOUTONIN

Sunday, June 17th, 2014 at 9:13 pm.

<http://www.siliconafrica.com/wp-content/themes/directorypress/thumbs/white-
man-in-africa.jpg> white man in africaIt's already few months I've returned
to Africa. It's arguably the best place on earth to live and die, regardless
of all the problems and challenges.

I'll not go anywhere else to live before I'd die. I'll fight to make this
place a better one for next generations!

Now, I'm a man, and since I'm back here, one question that continuously pops
into my mind is "Where are the men?"

I spend most of my time immersed in the life of
<http://www.siliconafrica.com/ordinary-people-problems-in-africa/> ordinary
people, trading with them, eating with them, walking the same paths as they
do and taking the same taxi as they do, passionately engaged in
understanding things.

What is obvious is that in all productive activities you see only or mainly
women. From the farms to the markets, it seems like only women are working,
doing something or producing something......

Continue to read it in PDF below...

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)