(CAP) Ethiopia: Why General Tsadkan Broke into Tears in the 1998-2000 Border War with Eritrea? (Translation) by TN| CyberAdal أدال الفضائية

From: Ibrahim Idris Suliman <eboeri30_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:48:46 -0700

>From the book of General Tsadkan :

-The war started with the Badme front. The three divisions that opened the
attack suffered great human and material losses so an additional mechanized
division and a commando brigade had to be added to the Badme front. Two
additional divisions were also sent later to try again but the attack
failed again. The human and material losses were adding up.

It became clear to General Tsadkan that things were not going according to
plan in the Badme Front so he ordered to continue the attacks on the
Tsorona Front instead.

The battle plan briefings were given at a place called Infara. Separate
preparations and exercises were held in the Tsorona front. 12,000 Tigrayan
militias, 5000 plus civilians that would carry food and drinking water for
the infantry forces as well as thousands of donkeys and horses were
commissioned for this battle plan. All of the militias, civilians and
thousands of donkeys and horses that were assembled for this offensive in
this small patch of land were wiped out within a week.

The large 20th mechanized division was completely destroyed and turned to
ash at Igri Mekel. Tanks and locomotives were all burnt and turned into
charcoal. Shaebia easily received and killed our forces by firing heavy
artillery from cannons placed in Zalambessa, Mai Ayni and Adi Quala. This
is not necessarily a matter of heroism on Shaebia’s part but rather the
ignorance and incompetence of our military leaders. Our troops were
completely liquidated and made to drop like leaves. The ones spared of this
slaughter and the Militia Sirnays retreated back to Adwa.

Page 252

http://cyberadal.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/ethiopia-why-general-tsadkan-broke-into-tears-in-the-1998-2000-border-war-with-eritrea-translation/

Ibrahim I. Suliman

yederasiw-mastawesha.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: yederasiw-mastawesha.jpg)

yederasiw-mastawesha.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: 02-yederasiw-mastawesha.jpg)