(Washington Post) ​Game Changers: Weini Kelati named one of Washington DC areas best athletes

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 13:51:11 -0500

​http://www.washingtonpost.com/2014-fall-allmet/​

​DEC 18
The 2014 fall All-Met section highlights area’s best fall sports athletes
in football, field hockey, volleyball, soccer and cross-country.​

​
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/highschools/2014/fall-all-met/girls-cross-country/index.html
​

​​
Weini Kelati

Heritage / Fr.

Kelati burst onto the scene and was unbeaten against D.C. area competition.
A pace-setter, Kelati would break to the front and command leads
throughout. The Eritrea native placed second at the Virginia 4A state
championship meet (17:38) and fifth at the Foot Locker South regional
(17:04). She placed 20th at Foot Locker nationals. She won at the Oatlands
Invitational despite stopping twice to tie her shoe. Kelati also placed
first in the 2.5-mile race at the Manhattan College High School
Invitational in 14:20.6.

Upper leg strength: "I like the ability to push the pace early in a race.
It gives me the chance to run fast times. My strength helps me with all of
that."

​

fall-gC.JPG
(image/jpeg attachment: fall-gC.JPG)