(CAP) Eritrea African Ideological Ebola for Imperialists

From: Ibrahim Idris Suliman <eboeri30_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:20:56 -0700

by ANDRE VLTCHEK

https://cyberadal.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/cap-eritrea-african-ideological-ebola-for-imperialists/

Qohaito is a mysterious, ancient, pre-Aksumite settlement in the Eritrean
highlands, with several impressive monolithic columns rising towards the
sky. It is said that right there, under the surface, exists another entire
lost city. As you walk, the earth shakes, and somewhere deep below; you can
hear the echo of your footsteps.

Just a few minutes drive from the columns, the plateau suddenly ends. There
is a cliff and a breathtaking view into the deep valley. This place is
called Ishka. And this is where thousands of Eritrean freedom fighters and
civilians used to hide from the brutal Ethiopian occupation forces.

I set up my cameras right near the cliff, asks my local cameraman to roll,
and then put the first question to a local mountaineer, Mr. Ibrahim Omar:
“How was life here, for you, before and after the independence?”

“There were two separate lives”, he explained. “The first one, before
independence – that was harsh, brutal. And then came the other life, a
totally different one, after we won. This is when our basic human rights
got recognized and respected. The schools, health posts and roads were
built. Everything was suddenly transformed.”
Ibrahim Suliman

header.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: header.jpg)