Espresso.Repubblica.it: Human Trafficker Measho Tesfamariam Accused of Contributing to the Death of 243 Boat Migrants off Libya

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:30:58 +0200

Human Trafficker Measho Tesfamariam Accused of Contributing to the Death of
243 Boat Migrants off Libya

INVESTIGATION

He is accused of having contributed to the deaths of 243 people in a
shipwreck off the coast of Libya. Each had paid him $ 1,600. But now the
alleged Eritrean smuggler fled to Germany, where he arrived thanks to Mare
Nostrum

BY FABRIZIO GATTI |
<http://espresso.repubblica.it/attualita/2014/10/23/news/chi-e-l-uomo-della-
strage-dei-profughi-1.185258?ref=HEF_RULLO> espresso.repubblica.it |

October 24, 2014

He is suspected to be a smuggler of refugees from Libya. And in a statement
delivered to the Milan prosecutor's office, he is accused of having
contributed to the death by drowning of 243 people, most of them Eritreans,
in the shipwreck off the coast of Libya. But Measho Tesfamariam was able to
land in Italy and is now posing as refugee and fled to Germany, where on his
Facebook page continues to publish selfie, Rambo and photos of Michael
Jackson.

Family members of missing persons at sea, including 197 Eritreans fleeing
the regime of Asmara, are hunting the man who pocketed $ 1,600 for each of
the people who wanted to cross the Strait of Sicily: the shipwreck yielded
300 thousand euro. The relatives have compiled a list of missing persons,
handed over to the Italian authorities.

The author dell'esposto says he spoke by phone with Measho: "On June 28, he
tells me the boat with my sister had left six hours earlier. The resent June
30 when, in the early afternoon, phoned me saying that my relatives have
arrived in Italy and this gives me the best wishes. " "I do not know
anything more until September 18 calling me from Israel, where the brother
of Natsnet works, one of the two pregnant girls missing. He tells me that
Measho, which he has known since childhood is in Italy. He has landed around
maybe September 12, from the Navy to Brindisi. " The man unable to contact
the alleged smuggler, who is since 18 September in Bologna, asking to meet
him. But Measho left for Germany, through Austria.

This story will be a new headache for the relations between Italy and
Germany on the eve of the end of Mare Nostrum. Why Measho after arriving in
Italy along with other refugees, was able to leave the center of Puglia
identification before someone took fingerprints. It is not the only one out
of 150,000 refugees landed in our country, at least a hundred thousand were
not identified as required by law. A practice tolerated by the officials of
the Interior Minister, Angelino Alfano, to facilitate the escape of asylum
seekers to other countries in Northern Europe: if they had been filed and
fingerprinted all 150,000 new refugees were to remain for ever in Italy,
even though they were expected from relatives in Germany, Norway or Sweden.
L'Espresso investigation will continue..

Software Translation from Italian

Human-Trafficker-Measho-Tesfamariam-490

Who is the Man Responsible for the Massacre of Refugees

image003.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image003.jpg)