Shabait.com: I have been encouraged by Haddas Eritra newspaper to publish my book "Tomorrow"

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 19:16:17 +0200

<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a/18147-i-have-been-encouraged-by-hadda
s-eritra-newspaper-to-publish-my-book-tomorrow> I have been encouraged by
Haddas Eritra newspaper to publish my book "Tomorrow"

Friday, 10 October 2014 03:51 | Written by shabait Administrator |

Articles <http://www.shabait.com/component/content/section/1> - Q
<http://www.shabait.com/articles/q-a-a> & A

http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/fruit/abc-oct-10-article-qa.jpgHis
name is Ermias Solomon Habtemariam. He was born in 1982 in Asmara. He took
his elementary school education at Selomuna elementary school, junior high
school at Maitemenai School and high school at Asmara Comprehensive School.
In 1999 he went to Sawa to for his grade 12 education. He participated at
national school leaving examination and scored GPA that could enable him to
attend college degree program. In 2004 he graduated with BA degree in soil
and water. Ermias has been contributing different articles for the
newspapers and magazines and recently he published a book titled "Tsebah"
(Tomorrow). Excerpts of the interview that has been conducted with him
follows.

Q:-How were you in school?

I have been price winner throughout the years of my education.

Q:-You have been graduated in soil and water conservation. But you are more
engaged in literature, how is that?

When I joined the university my friends from the university and from the
National Union of Eritrean Youth and Students used to encourage me produce
articles for they knew that I had the potential. And I was assigned at the
national union at the News and Public Relations office.

Q:-What were you doing there?

I have been working as an editor of the articles that have been sent for
different newspapers for publication. I have been also editorial board
member for the magazine "Menisei" (Youth) that is being published by the
NUEYS.

Q:-And you are an employee of the Ministry of Agriculture.

After I finished my national service at the NUEYS I was assigned to the
Ministry of Agriculture. And because I have strong attachment with
literature I am working as head of publication and documentation at the
Ministry's Public Relations office. That means I have been working outside
of my profession. While working there I started the weekly column of Haddas
Eritra newspaper "Agriculture and Food". Currently I am working at the
ministry's inspection office.

Q:-You are also the producer of the "Assei" series book. Since when have you
been interested in children?

I have been sending articles to the children's radio program since I was a
kid. And when I joined the NUEYS I have been producing lyrics for Wari
cultural group that has been under the auspices of the union. I have also
producing different articles with regards children. That was the time my
interest on children developed.

Q:-You have also producing articles for the weekly column "Tsebah" on Haddas
Eritra.

I have been too much engaged in different assignments. I have been working
for the "Menisei" magazine, editor for articles that have been published in
the newspaper, producer for the weekly columns "Lela" and "From Here and
There" and above all I had my permanent job at the Ministry of Agriculture.
And finally I understood that I could not be engaged in all of these and I
decided to stop some of the activities.

Q:-And what did you do?

I stopped all the activities related to media. And in 2009 I have been
invited by
Mr.http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/fruit/abc-oct-10-article-qa1.jpg
Asfaha Teklemariam, then editor of Haddas Eritra newspaper, to produce
articles for the newspaper. That was when I created my own column in the
newspapers and I named it "Tsebah".

Q:-Why did you choose "Tsebah"?

The name of the column is "Tsebah" it literally means tomorrow. I took the
name because I have a strong belief that if we want to have a bright future
tomorrow we should toil today.

-And the title of the book you launched recently is "Tsebah".

Yes! It is a collection of the articles that have been published on the
newspaper.

Q:-What motivated you to publish the book?

I had a good feedback from the readers of my articles. Many people used to
persuade me collect and produce my articles in the form of a book. And I
selected articles and put them in the form of a book. And here I am.

Q:-What is your future plan?

God willing I want to be a professional writer.

-Good luck!

Thank you very much!

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)