Spiegel.de: 'Aren't We Human Beings?': One Year After the Lampedusa Refugee Tragedy (I send it again, because the PDF section was missed in prevous Dehai page)

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:59:04 +0200

'Aren't We Human Beings?': One Year After the Lampedusa Refugee Tragedy

When over 300 refugees drowned off the coast of Italy last October, the incident prompted widespread outcry and promises to save more lives. But 12 months later, the fates of the survivors show just how broken Europe's refugee system really is.

· By Juliane von Mittelstaedt and Maximilian Popp

· October 09, 2014 – 02:20 PM

A few weeks ago, Tadese Fisah returned to Lampedusa to thank the fisherman who had saved his life. He was shaking when he stepped onto the island, Fisah says. When he saw the shipwrecks and the sea, the images all came back to him, images of women crying for help and of tangled bodies.

Fisah, who is from Eritrea, knew nothing about the man who pulled him out of the water one year ago except his name: Costantino Baratta. He asked some passersby, who sent him to the harbor. There, he was told that Baratta was at sea, so Fisah waited. After a few hours, the fisherman, a powerful man in his mid-50s, returned to port and tied up his boat. Fisah walked up to the man timidly, not knowing what to say. But Baratta understood him nevertheless. With tears in their eyes, the two men embraced. ………………..

Read it in PDF attachment below:

*Meron Estefanos is one of the many liars, middle-women-men/conspirators with the crimal Human Traffickers/Gangs, make a lot of profit in the name and much suffering of our Eritrean Brothers&Sisters. History will judge her and her likes i.e. the treason Camps, the fruadulents, the liars and the brutal Human Traffickers [Eritreans and their bosses].

Note: there is many lies in this article to why Eritreans leave their country. Everyone knows the main reason .i.e. money, money and money-pure greediness -ተበላጽነት.

Berhane Habteariam