[dehai-news] (Schwarzwälder-Bote.de)A touch of Africa in the resort town

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

A touch of Africa in the resort town

Schwarzwälder-Bote,  , 29.10.2013
African Stone Images

Bad Durrheim ( kal ) . "I think my mom can take us through their colors and shapes for African sun . Flickers here and the sun casts shadows very strange . " That said, the nine-year Chayenne , the self-assured and confident of her mother opened Ariam Berhane in the opening ceremony room of the Town Hall in front of many guests. Here is felt with the 13 pictures exhibited a touch of Africa, the 46 -year-old , originally from Eritrea artist holds in their works.

It is her fourth exhibition in Bad Durrheim , where she lives with her family for 14 years. The organizers Egon stretcher and Jürgen Kauth of the citizens' initiative " successful life " spoke of an asset to the exhibition series " Small Gallery at City Hall ." The pictures of Berhane , all acrylic based , should take the viewer into the world of Africa . They are decorated in warm earth tones and sun and show elegant silhouettes african people .

Painted , the artist as a child in her home , pad and pencil were always their attendants . Her love for painting was interrupted when she left her home because of political turmoil , as there was for them to get a foothold in Germany . She trained as a dental technician , she met her husband , and only when her two children, now ten years old and nine , were bigger , they went back to their hobby. After a few classes , she discovered her own style.

"Africa is now among us ," said Mayor Walter Klumpp was happy . He described it as a great thing that the African artist is at the exhibitions there and this is one of the local artists . "Art is an appreciation , it is in our society," he said.

The works of Ariam Berhane in the "Little Gallery at City Hall " can be seen until the beginning of next year. From March, then the images of Bad Dürrheimer artist Madelaine straw Meier will be issued.(Software translation)

http://www.schwarzwaelder-bote.de/inhalt.bad-duerrheim-ein-hauch-afrika-in-kurstadt.187ecaee-91b7-4cf2-88fa-58a6c5cc3117.html