[dehai-news] Humanity

From: <hbokure_at_aol.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:15:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dear friends,
I would like to share with you this timely poem by Dr. Francesco S. Talone, the famous Italian-American poet. About ten years ago, he suggested me to read it in his book that generously offered me as a gift. It is also available in Swedish language, his original tongue.

Verra' giammai Will that hour ever come
quell'ora when the human beast
quando puo' rinsavir find a reason
la belva umana? buries racial hates,
Perche' non seppellir memories of past abuses,
O'odio di razza forever banishes
ricordi di soprusi and condemns the sinister
del passato, merchants of arms,
bandir per sempre merchants of death,
e condannare i biechi destroying
mercanti d'armi not lives
mercanti di morte, but frontiers instead?
non annientare vite why not
ma confini, speak a universal
parlare una favella language, and
universale share the way
perche' non condividere with fellow travelers
la strada speak with them of hope
coi compagni di viaggio and understanding.
con lor cercar Why is there no reason?
speranza e comprensione,
Perche' non c'e' ragione>

Fiammelle di candele Small flames of candle
lanterne galleggianti lanterns floating
verso il mare to the sea,
un mar di gente guarda a sea of people look
al pasato e il futuro to the past, the future,
e sui murali and on the murals
sospesi a un filo d'aria hanging from a thread of air
son spettri are lanky ghosts
allampanati not to be forgotten;
da non scordare we say they are dead
ma son vivi. but they are alive.